Adding Targeted Users/Groups in Attack Simulator

Copper Contributor

Is there a setting that may have changed recently or needs to be changed that enables filtering by groups when creating a simulation. I am unable to browse our groups in our organization any longer, I can choose from other options like City, Departments, Titles, etc. but the AD groups do not populate any longer in this list when trying to add Target Users.

Thank you,

Jerid

3 Replies

@Jerid Hey Jerid, no changes that I can see that would impact this, just tried it in a test tenant and seemed to work ok (image attached) I went to select users and groups and type in 3 letters and that brought back all the groups containing those 3 letters so I could browse them. Is that what's not working for you?

Screenshot 2021-09-15 121342.png

@Stu Clark Hi Stu - Thank you for the reply. One of our groups is, for example, All Employees. I can search and find this group, but I can't display who the members are. What I use to be able to do was to select this group under the "Filter Users by categories" and then see any users/nested groups that were associated to All Employees or any other groups. Hopefully I explained that correctly.

Thank you,

Jerid

Static and dynamic groups might behave differently? Jerid, would your "All Employees" group be dynamic?

For myself, I am falling back to "get-Mailbox -Filter ~ | select PrimarySMTPAddress" to generate target lists so I can see how far the simulation will go before I launch it.