VM Vulnerability assessment reports in csv file and send it to Artifact

Copper Contributor

I was looking for tools that I can use to scan my Linux VM Golden Image. I couldn't find a tool (all i got is for scanning container images) and ended up with Qualys. Now I am trying to do Vulnerability scan on the VM and send the reports in CSV format to an artifact using automation script. Can anyone suggest if that's possible with (Deploy the integrated vulnerability scanner powered by Qualys (included with Microsoft Defender for servers) or is there is any better tool.

1 Reply

@monojoy Deploy the Qualys extension "LinuxAgent.AzureSecurityCenter" selecting “extensions” and Open the Security alerts or Recommendations page and select the Download CSV report button to download a CSV report for alerts or recommendations

Search for Linux in this URL it lists out the steps Built-in vulnerability assessment for VMs in Microsoft Defender for Cloud - Microsoft Community Hub

also search work word csv in this article which explains Continuous export can send Microsoft Defender for Cloud's alerts and recommendations to Log Analytic...

Please "Accept as Answer" if it helped so it can help others in community looking for help on similar topics.