SOLVED

Multiple Instances of the same app in Conditional Access App Control?

Copper Contributor

We have 4 ServiceNow instances (dev,test,stage,prod).  We have all 4 instances added to App connectors.  However, after adding one of the instances in Conditional Access App Control I've found I can't add the other 3.  When I go to Add and search for ServiceNow, it is there but I can't click on it.  Is there no way to add multiple instances of the same app to CAAC or am I missing something?

4 Replies

Hi @JoeDLP,

As a first step you'll need to complete a login to the app for it to appear.  There can be some limitations though with apps where there are overlapping domains.  If all 4 instances share namespaces, you should be able to configure your CA policy to send the session to Defender for Cloud Apps proxy which should allow you to control the session.  The caveat is that all the data would be attributed to the same app.

@Keith_Fleming 

Hello.  Yes we have the one instance of Servicenow configured and are able to apply Access and Session controls.  Each of the 4 instances (acme-prod.service-now.com, acme-test.service-now.com, etc) each have their own SAML signin page and configuration.  So now I'm trying to figure out how to add the the other 3 instances.  You can see below if I try to add ServiceNow again it is greyed out and wont let me.  Also, the configuration for the instance I've already configured (see below) requires the ACS url of the instance, but each of our 4 instances has a different ACS URL.  And I don't see any way to add the other 3 ACS URLs of the other instances here.

CAAC_SN2 - Copy.jpgCAAC_SN1 - Copy.jpgCAAC_SN3.jpg

best response confirmed by JoeDLP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JoeDLP can you try manually adding the app from the cloud app catalog?  This should allow you to select it so you can enter a different ACS address.  It's possible this might work but I don't believe it's actually been tested.

With 3rd party IDP (Ping, Okta, etc..) this can be a bit more challenging because the ACS endpoint is required but it's not for AAD. 

Thank you, this worked. Specifically, on the Cloud Discovery page you can go to Actions > Add new custom app, and input the specific URL of the SN instance. Once that was complete, I was able to go to Connected apps > Conditional Access App Control apps > Add the new custom app I created. I created some test Access and Session control policies for the app and they work as expected.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JoeDLP (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JoeDLP can you try manually adding the app from the cloud app catalog?  This should allow you to select it so you can enter a different ACS address.  It's possible this might work but I don't believe it's actually been tested.

With 3rd party IDP (Ping, Okta, etc..) this can be a bit more challenging because the ACS endpoint is required but it's not for AAD. 

View solution in original post