New sign-in experience for Office 365, what's it about?

Brass Contributor

Today users in our tenant began getting prompted to try a new sign-in experience for Office 365. It looks a little different, but I'm unable to find documentation about what exactly has changed, and why?

I just want to be able to answer the inevitible questions that come up. Some of our users have already checked to see if they were getting phished. 

o365-new-signin1b.png

111 Replies

We're experiencing the same issue...

We're not seeing the option to remain signed in, even though it's enabled in the Azure portal.

Our users are now bothered with this screen every time they start their browser (IE11, default page = our intranet on SPO)

2017-12-08_08h00_45.png

Hi Josse, what's your environment like? Are you using ADFS with Windows Integrated Auth (ie. browser SSO with your ADFS account)?

Hello Kelvin,

sorry for my late response.

The answer to your question is: Yes, we are using ADFS (3.0) with integrated auth/SSO.
But: we are using terminal servers (Citrix) which are basically shared devices..
Is that the reason that we don't see the KMSI-popup in the new experience?

Or do we have to make adjustments to our ADFS server to make them compatible with the new sign-in experience?

Kind regards,

Josse

We are seeing this same issue. I cannot see the "Stay signed in" prompt at all (in IE11 or Chrome browsers) and browser is prompting for password every time I open browser. Also I see the password prompt every time I launch my Outlook client.

The new sign-in experience is nice, and reduces the number of clicks and clacks our users need to go through to enter the system.  Thank You!

@Kelvin Xia  Is Microsoft working on consolidating all the various sign-in experiences into a single interface?  Are we going to see this experience in AAD, ADFS, etc.?  

Hi Beth, thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the intention of the new sign-in experience is to consolidate the look and feels of all of Microsoft's sign-in experiences. MSA and AAD now look the same and you can make ADFS have the same look and feel by applying the following web theme:
https://github.com/Microsoft/adfsWebCustomization/tree/master/centeredUi

Is it just me or does the new sign-in UI just not work at all with password managers? I use 1Password and I'm not able to successfully log in the first time, there's always an error, "Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in. We received a bad request."

On refresh I'm kicked over to the old sign in UI to try again.

Hey Paul,

We've tested with password managers and have no known issues with them. Some password managers might fail the very first time you go through the new experience but will start working for subsequent logins.

Are you loading the sign-in page from a bookmarked URL? If so, can you please share that URL? If it's not from a bookmark, please send me a PM with a step-by-step description of what URL you load and how you use 1Password prior to the error.

Did you ever get an answer to this?

It was caused due to a bad claim in our ADFS settings.
Thanks, do you have a link to the article that pointed you in that direction or what the bad claim was?
I get the "Stay signed in" on the internet but on the corporate network I don't get this. Users always have to select their account from "pick an account" every time you start IE. Is there a fix for this?