Recent O365 Outlook update removes Mark As Read in Groups and Headers

Copper Contributor

Recent O365 Outlook update removes Mark As Read in Groups and Headers

The recent update in Outlook 365 Client removes the ability in groups to right-click Mark As Read, which can still be done in OWA.  Also, the headers for subject, from, to are now missing as well.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong or if you are also seeing this behavior.  In the normal inbox this all is still present, just not present in the group area.

7 Replies
We are seeing the same issue. 2303 version. With 365 Groups

@PCBtimothy Confirmed from here too.  We also seem to have lost the ability to forward messages from the MS 365 group inboxes.

Same issue for myself and all users of my tenant. Version 2303 (Build 16227.20258).
Additionally, I have to restart outlook multiple times to get groups navigation to display. Once it displays, it frequently doesn't show the group membership. Have to use OWA as workaround.

@ZackUnseasoned 

same here. normal (personal) inbox: everything fine. Groups: sorting options are missing; "mark as read" ist missing; "view" tab partly missing; mails are grouped as conversations which cannot be disabled; some more problems with (not) showing mails when unchecking / re-checking cache mode ...

I am experiencing the same issue exactly. I was on O365 apps Version 2303 (Build 16227.20258) originally. Then noticed that they had an update today, 4/11/2023 to Version 2303 (Build 16227.20280) with no change.  I then did a rollback to Version 2302 (Build 16130.20306) and also Version 2302 (Build 16130.20218) with no difference.

I have some users that have the issue and some without. It may be down to the build number?