Any news about the promised migration process from Site Mailboxes to Office 365 Groups?

MVP

Hi all,

I might be missing the announcement, but it seems that the promised migration process to migrate Site Mailboxes to Office 365 Groups is still a promise ^-^, isn't it? cc @Tony Redmond @Vasil Michev @Christophe Fiessinger

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Prepare-for-using-site-mailboxes-in-Office-365-6381daa5-3d9...

6 Replies

Havent heard a thing about this, hopefully Christophe can share some news :)

Hi Juan

The ability to "groupify" a site to connect it with an Office 365 Group should be made available by the end of this quarter. We've ran into a few issues that caused this to delay but we are confident of making it by the end of the current quarter.

Hi Mohammad!!
Thanks for the update...what about my initial question about the migration process from a site mailbox to an Office 365 Group...Same timing?

Hi Juan

For now we've only decided to make groupify available so that users can attach the Group mailbox to the existing site.

Hi Mohammed, 

When you attach the mailbox to the site, is the sites existence governed by the group still via group verification?  Is the site deleted when the group is deleted?

Hi Lou

I'm not sure what you mean by group verification. But yes, deleting the group will delete the site and all the other resources as well.