Help creating algorithm C#

Copper Contributor

Greetings, I am trying to make an algorithm that generates codes with sequential letters and numbers, the letters for example should not be repeated, example:

I have these words that the codes should be generated based on:

Category, SubCategory, Brand, Model

First code generated: Category, SubCategory, Brand, Model
CSBM000001

Second generated code should not duplicate the words CSMM in this case it should take the second letter of each word: Category, SubCategory, Brand, Model

AURO000002

And so with the others that are generated.

1 Reply

@jareyesdev 

Just ask Bing ;)

Sure, I can help you with that. Here’s a simple C# code snippet that generates unique codes based on the first non-repeating character from each word. It also appends a sequential number to the end of the code.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;

public class CodeGenerator
{
    private int count = 1;
    private List<string> words;

public CodeGenerator(List<string> words)
    {
        this.words = words;
    }

public string GenerateCode()
    {
        string code = "";
        for (int i = 0; i < words.Count; i++)
        {
            for (int j = 0; j < words[i].Length; j++)
            {
                char letter = words[i][j];
                if (!code.Contains(letter.ToString(), StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
                {
                    code += letter;
                    break;
                }
            }
        }
        return code.ToUpper() + (count++).ToString("D6");
    }
}

public class Program
{
    public static void Main()
    {
        List<string> words = new List<string> { "Category", "SubCategory", "Brand", "Model" };
        CodeGenerator generator = new CodeGenerator(words);
        Console.WriteLine(generator.GenerateCode());  // CSBM000001
        Console.WriteLine(generator.GenerateCode());  // AURO000002
    }
}

This code creates a CodeGenerator class that takes a list of words and generates codes based on these words. The GenerateCode method iterates over each word and character, adding the first non-repeating character to the code. It then appends a sequential number, padded with zeros to maintain a length of 6 digits. The Main method demonstrates how to use this class to generate codes. Please note that this code is case-insensitive and treats ‘a’ and ‘A’ as the same character. If you want it to be case-sensitive, you can remove the StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase from the Contains method.

Please let me know if you need further assistance! :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: