SOLVED

Last Exchange server with AAD Connect

Brass Contributor

I know there was talk that there has been no update on being able to remove the on-prem exchange server and manage mail objects from the cloud with AAD Connect enabled.   Any more details on some of the hurdles you're hitting?  We have many small clients that really want to get rid of that honking exchange box!

Tom

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Tom Mucha (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hey Tom, I won't go into details, but there are a lot of dependencies over multiple teams at Microsoft to do this right. Whenever you deal with things like identity, auth, connectivity - you have to be really careful and not break anyone or anything. That's always our goal, and sometimes the trade off is the time it takes. That's true in this case. We're working hard on it I promise.

@Greg Taylor - EXCHANGE 

I can imagine being a very deep rabbit hole populated with hundreds of Russian babushka dolls :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tom Mucha (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hey Tom, I won't go into details, but there are a lot of dependencies over multiple teams at Microsoft to do this right. Whenever you deal with things like identity, auth, connectivity - you have to be really careful and not break anyone or anything. That's always our goal, and sometimes the trade off is the time it takes. That's true in this case. We're working hard on it I promise.

View solution in original post