New tab not working in Edge Canary

Iron Contributor

Just updated to Version 113.0.1773.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and opening a new tab is not working. 

cjahn50_0-1680378495766.png

This is what I see when opening a new tab

4 Replies
If you are having issues with opening new tabs in Microsoft Edge Canary, here are a few steps you can try:

Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of Edge Canary installed. Open the Edge menu (three horizontal dots in the top right corner) and select "Help and feedback" > "About Microsoft Edge" to check for updates.

Clear cache and cookies: Clearing your browser cache and cookies can sometimes resolve issues with opening new tabs. To do this, open the Edge menu, select "Settings" > "Privacy, search, and services," and under "Clear browsing data," select "Choose what to clear."

Disable extensions: Some extensions may interfere with new tab functionality. Try disabling any extensions you have installed to see if this resolves the issue.

Reset Edge settings: Resetting Edge to its default settings can sometimes fix issues. To do this, open the Edge menu, select "Settings" > "Reset settings" and follow the prompts.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Edge Canary.
Uninstalling and reinstalling worked. But I had to once again delete/rename \Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft. It's a pain, but it "fixed" the problem - so far.

It fixed it for me for one day...then it broke again.
For me it happens after computer has been in sleep mode also note that ntp.msn.com responded with 

<h2>Our services aren't available right now</h2><p>We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.</p>0MQsqZAAAAAAbxzPuT3UkTKl+ndlrii4BUEhMMzBFREdFMDExNgBFZGdl
Since unistalling and reinstalling I have not had anymore issues. And that includes the last updates.