New Feature | Add Web capture directly to your Collection in Edge

MVP

image.png

Microsoft Edge Version 91.0.864.1 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

you can now save your Web captures directly to your Edge Collections and sync them.

CFR

13 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Hi, I downloaded and installed this beta version in Windows 10 Pro, I was hoping to get this feature of putting a web capture in a collection.

As you can see in this snap shot, I have the right version Microsoft Edge Version 91.0.864.1 - although its still in Beta for Windows, I wonder if the version you used has been officially released for mobile and so its a different Edge ? Anyway any ideas on why I dont see the same as you ?

edge_with_no_option_to_add_top_collection.PNG

@HotCakeX
Even after May27, 2021 rollout of Edge (stable) version 91.0.864.37 (Official build), I do not see the option. https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-next page says that the feature is "launched" in v91. Very confusing! Any idea why the feature is still missing?

@HotCakeX

Hello - Is there anybody there ? 

@marcusob 

Just investigated a bit further. I‘ve tried to find this in the followings:

• Edge Canary 92.0.894.0
  • Edge Dev 92.0.891.1
  • Edge Beta 91.0.864.37 and
  • Edge stable 91.0.864.37

“Ability to add web capture to collections” does not appear to me anywhere. This means the https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-next page is incorrect where it says that the feature has been “launched” in v91 stable. The page was also incorrect when had been saying earlier this month that the feature is rolled out in v91 beta/dev/canary.

I’m not sure where HotCakeX got the above info from. But she has posted a screenshot meaning that the feature is part of controlled feature rollout (CFR) and only available to select Canary users for now. Sorry to say that it is the incomplete information in this thread made us confused.

However, I have no clue how the official “feature roadmap/whats next” can be wrong. The features in the stable release are for all users and should not be part of CFR once it mentions “launched in v91”. Just wasted my time for trying to search for it. Very frustrating when a renowned forum user and the official webpages post confusing info.

My findings are supported by this page: https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/05/27/microsoft-edge-91-is-now-rolling-out-with-new-features/. Please note that a user named Leo corrected the original poster Mayank who initially claimed the feature available in Edge 91. So our findings are correct. Unless “feature roadmap” correct the info posted or we get a forum reply, time is our only friend to save us from the confusing world wide web. No one else is out there!

Great effort, thanks for working through that. Such a shame, as every time I go to use a browser other than Chrome, I get so far, and then find a few things that make it 50/50 whether I stay on it. I think Edge is better than Chrome now on Windows, so I will probably stick with it, but I might miss all my integrated notes, bookmarks etc to my Android Phone where I think Chrome is better. The internal debate continues....

Get Edge Dev or Canary on Android. unlike stable Android Edge, they are on the latest Chromium version. soon the rest of the channels will catch up.
sync works fine between Canary/Dev Android and PC.

@TCollins 

@TCollins wrote:
@HotCakeX
Even after May27, 2021 rollout of Edge (stable) version 91.0.864.37 (Official build), I do not see the option. https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-next page says that the feature is "launched" in v91. Very confusing! Any idea why the feature is still missing?

if it doesn't appear, you can also access it from that link you mentioned or go to Edge menu => Help and feedback =>What's new and tips

@marcusob 

Spoiler

@marcusob wrote:

@HotCakeX 

Hi, I downloaded and installed this beta version in Windows 10 Pro, I was hoping to get this feature of putting a web capture in a collection.

As you can see in this snap shot, I have the right version Microsoft Edge Version 91.0.864.1 - although its still in Beta for Windows, I wonder if the version you used has been officially released for mobile and so its a different Edge ? Anyway any ideas on why I dont see the same as you ?

edge_with_no_option_to_add_top_collection.PNG

Hi,

please read this page:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/controlled-feature-roll-outs-in-microsoft-edge/m-p/7...

Thanks for your reply but not sure why you are referring to "Help and feedback". The discussion is solely about 1 specific feature that, in fact, you started. The feature is "add Web capture directly to your Collection in Edge". I do not see it in my Canary v93.0.907.0 or Dev v92.0.902.2.

So could I please have a yesno answer from you whether the feature "add web capture directly to your Collection in Edge" is launched in stable Edge v91 for all users?

@marcusob

Finally, after a long wait, this feature (Add web capture directly to collection) is starting to integrate in Edge! My installation of Edge Dev v93.0.946.1 and Canary v93.0.953.0 now have the feature. So looks like it will soon be available in the Beta and Stable channels. Thanks to all who have provided the updates in this forum.

@TCollins

Good news, thanks for making the effort to report back on here. Looking forward to using this soon.

@marcusob 

After a long wait, "add web capture to collection" is now available on MS Edge (stable) as the browser got updated from v92 to v93 today (Sep02, 2021). Thanks.