Forcing Edge browser to always open in Kiosk mode under a domain user account - not a local account

Copper Contributor

HI,

I am looking for a way to force Kiosk mode on Edge (any way it is opened by the end user).

I have created the --kiosk.... shortcut and that works great. However - when an end user right clicks on the icon in the task bar or on the desktop, they can then use the "New Window" "Task" selection, to open up a new Edge window to a standard version of Edge, with the address bar available, and the end user can then browse anywhere.

I have User side group policies set to force the home page, and new tabs to a specific home page, which work when opening by the left click on the icon.

The right clicked "New window" opens to the right page, but with the address bar, and full browsing of the internet.

What we need is for the right click on the Edge icon and "New Window" to open in Kiosk mode. And we cannot set up the PC to kiosk mode through the family settings as this does not lock down the profile enough and once in that family setting, the profile cannot be configured to remove settings we do not want to have.

So far I have disabled right click on the desktop and taskbar with a couple of registry settings, with the end result being both do not right click, but the icons on the taskbar still allow the right click.

Any help/suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Ken

0 Replies