Dev Channel update to 114.0.1788.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing the first build of 114 with 114.0.1788.0 to the Dev channel, which includes small fixes and a new feature, and a new policy. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.  We got new blog posts since my last update that you can check out below.

Edge features to help you stay organized and power your productivity | Windows Experience Blog

Introducing the “Browser essentials” feature in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Added features:  

• Added Automatically open Bing chat conversation in the side pane in the Discover setting.
  • Enterprise:
    • New policy: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • Added policy to disable Read Aloud feature.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash when uninstalling certain extensions.
  • Fixed PDF viewer crashing.
  • Browser crash when launching PWA.
  • Fixed can’t open PWA after updating the browser.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Send feedback.
  • Linux:
    • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Send feedback.
  • Android:
    • Fixed browser crash after clearing the browser history.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed Diagnostic data showing a blank dialog when clicking on diagnostic data link in Send Feedback.
  • Enterprise:
    • Added prompt to download only for .ics and .mobileconfig files on iOS and Android.
    • Fixed unable to load pages when using a VPN in certain scenarios on iOS and Android.
    • Users now can turn off always show sidebar if sidebar is enabled by policy.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

22 Replies

@Sajadi sorry for the late reply, I would like you to submit feedback with diagnostic data for our engineering team to analyze this so they can improve it.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback.
  3. Click on Send feedback.
  4. Fill out the form.
  5. Include your email address and make sure Allow (recommended) is selected for Send diagnostic data to Microsoft.
  6. Once completed, click on Send.

@Eric_E 

I already did - countless of times, but no helpful reply. This bug is simple to replicate. I really do not understand why something as simple to be replicated is such an issue!

How to reproduce=
Turn on the Side tabs with the title bar hidden

Issue=
Black/white bars appear in Edge - see the picture

bug.jpg

Indeed, just barely seen that currently somebody's sharp it out, yet it's caused me to acknowledge the amount I utilized it - trust it's a bug and not gone forever