SOLVED

Office 2021 LTSC version fallback option or install older version?

Copper Contributor

We are using Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021 volume licensed versions in our company environment and deploy automatic updates and installation via CDN.

Now the question arises whether, if necessary, we can go back to an older Office version (fallback) if the latest update causes problems. I have not found any options for this.

Another option would be to simply install an older version, but we run the updates and installs via CDN, so we don't have any older Office versions. I also could not find a way to install an older version via CDN (always only the latest version) or to download older versions separately.

I hope someone can help me here.Whether "fallbacks" are possible and where to get older Office 2021 LTSC versions?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by PhilipFranzke (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PhilipFranzke,

Microsoft Office LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) installations do not include a built-in mechanism for automatic rollback or downgrade to previous versions.

There isn't a direct option to revert to an older version or “fallback” if the latest update causes issues.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic,

so there is also no offical website where I could download older version to deploy it over my fileserver? 

Hi @PhilipFranzke,

regarding your question about downloading older versions, unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no official website where you could download older versions of Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021 to deploy it over your fileserver.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@PhilipFranzke 

Yes, agree, seems there is NO option

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PhilipFranzke (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PhilipFranzke,

Microsoft Office LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) installations do not include a built-in mechanism for automatic rollback or downgrade to previous versions.

There isn't a direct option to revert to an older version or “fallback” if the latest update causes issues.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post