SOLVED

How to activate Microsoft 365 Multi-Geo capabilities

Copper Contributor

It is very interesting to me as I am looking to configure it in my Microsoft environment. However, I have been unable to locate sufficient information within Microsoft's resources on how to activate this particular feature.

I have noticed that in order to utilize the Multi-Geo capabilities, I need to purchase the Multi-Geo capabilities through the Microsoft 365 add-on SKU for my Microsoft 365 subscription. Should I inquire with my Cloud Provider about procuring the Multi-Geo capabilities on my behalf, or is it possible to order it directly from the Microsoft Tenant Marketplace? (I have been unable to locate it there.)

Additionally, I have come to understand that the Multi-Geo capabilities in Microsoft 365 require a user-level add-on license. Each user intended to be hosted in a Satellite Geography location necessitates a license.

These licenses can be added incrementally as more users are introduced in Satellite Geography locations. However, I am uncertain about the exact procedure for adding these licenses.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Regards
Farhad

1 Reply
best response confirmed by FKH900 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FKH900 

In my experience, it's managed by CSP and we need to provide the number, type of license and Geo location, but my case was mixed license (with \ without Multi-Geo)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by FKH900 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@FKH900 

In my experience, it's managed by CSP and we need to provide the number, type of license and Geo location, but my case was mixed license (with \ without Multi-Geo)

View solution in original post