CMG Connection Point Disconnected - cert?

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I hope you are well.

last week we renew certificate for our CMG - from that time CMG stays in ready state but Connection Point Server stays disconnected. In SMS_CLOUD_PROXYCONNECTOR.log i see:

Starting to connect to Proxy server XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:443 with client certificate 7B96C5251E6F6C5C48412E87F07749D7DB201C35 and connection ID d5b1432f-2030-49cb-94a6-1bab1c4b8af8...

And then:

ERROR: Failed to build Tcp connection d99de605-abbb-47cc-81df-0827ab4cb656 with server XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:10140. Exception: System.Net.WebException: TCP CONNECTION: Failed to connect TCP socket with proxy server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xxx.xx.xx:10140~~ at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)~~ at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.CloudConnection.ProxyConnector.TcpConnection.Connect()~~ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---~~ at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.CloudConnection.ProxyConnector.TcpConnection.Connect()~~ at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.CloudConnection.ProxyConnector.ConnectionBase.Online()~~ at

Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.CloudConnection.ProxyConnector.ConnectionBase.Start()~~ at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.CloudConnection.ProxyConnector.ConnectionManager.MaintainConnections()

From Azure site, under CMG config I have:

ProxyService_IN_0: FailedStartingRole
Recovering role... System is initializing. [2024-04-23T13:25:07.000Z] Last exit time: [2024/04/19, 11:28:56.533]. Last exit code: 0.

Connection analyzer says:

DamianL1984_0-1713946840321.png

Under SmsAdminUI.log I see:

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.AzureServices.CMGAnalyzer.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)\r\nSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException\r\nA connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xx.xx.xx:443\r\n at

System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

and

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)\r\n

As I mentioned all problems started after cert renewal, however after that I ran Synchronize Configuration so I am wondering if there might be some other changes done in the past that affects CMG just after Config Sync?

Thank you for any tips and best regards,

Damian

1 Reply
Solved by adding additional VM instance for Proxy Service under CMG Config. I have done that through Azure Portal.