SOLVED

D365 Marketing transitional offer for existing customers (CSP)

Copper Contributor

Last summer, I watched the webinar on the launch of D365 Customer Insight (https://learning.eventbuilder.com/event/76690).

In the webinar, they showed the slide about the transitional offer for the existing customers that they could renew their existing D365 Marketing subscription till September 1, 2025. Not only EA but also CSP customers.

However, I was reading this Learn page which explains that "This renewal must be made during the transitional offer window that will run through September 1, 2024".

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-insights/journeys/ci-faq#general

This would effect to some of our customers.

Did Microsoft change the schedule or is "2025" just a typo?

transtional offer.png

In fact, the renewal status of one of our customers' subscription is "auto renews on" which means that the subscription will be renewed automatically on the renewal date. If SKUs are not available after current contract is expired, the status should be "expired on", shouldn't it?

As long as I see. the transitional offer is available until 2015 but I need the confirmation.

autorenew.png

7 Replies
best response confirmed by Yuko_Mizuno (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Yuko_Mizuno 

In the webinar, they showed the slide about the transitional offer for the existing customers that they could renew their existing D365 Marketing subscription till September 1, 2025. Not only EA but also CSP customers. However, I was reading this Learn page which explains that "This renewal must be made during the transitional offer window that will run through September 1, 2024".  https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-insights/journeys/ci-faq#general  This would effect to some of our customers. Did Microsoft change the schedule or is "2025" just a typo?

You are correct, good catch!

I believe that was a typo since the final contract maturity date that cannot extend beyond September 1, 2027...if the contract renewal began in 2025, a 3yr subscription would end 2028.

***UPDATE as of May 15, 2024 ***

I continued to research this for clarification/confirmation, and I was told that the MS Learn Doc stating that the renewal contract cannot extend beyond 2027 is incorrect. The MS Learn Doc has been updated as of today to reflect 2025:

Dynamics 365 Customer Insights FAQs - Dynamics 365 Customer Insights | Microsoft Learn

LicensingConcierge1_0-1715781867265.png

The good news is that the information in the slide is actually the updated & correct information. since the team has modified the policy last minute last year and extended the renewal period to 24 months (where the norm is typically 12 months) through 9.1.25.  

That means that if your customer renews on a 3-year license, it will take them out to 2028.  

In fact, the renewal status of one of our customers' subscription is "auto renews on" which means that the subscription will be renewed automatically on the renewal date. If SKUs are not available after current contract is expired, the status should be "expired on", shouldn't it?

As long as I see. the transitional offer is available until 2015 but I need the confirmation.

It's hard to say for sure since you haven't provided the information needed to answer this specific customer.  However, if the subscription hasn't ended, it wouldn't say "expired on".

As a friendly reminder, existing customers can renew as long as the contract doesn't extend beyond 2027, so the renewal status would remain on. You can manage the subscription in the Admin center. 

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, if after reviewing the information you have additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

@LicensingConcierge1 

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

I am relieved that our existing customers can renew their Marketing subscriptions for another one year if their renewal dates are before September 1 2025 in CSP.

This is the screenshot that I have failed to attach in my post.

"However, if the subscription hasn't ended, it wouldn't say "expired on"."

Well noted!

Yuko_Mizuno_0-1715646950772.png

I hope the typo will be fixed.

@LicensingConcierge1 

>As a friendly reminder, existing customers can renew as long as the contract doesn't extend beyond 2027,

May I clarify using the examples? We have three customers which have active contracts of D365 Marketing.

- Customer A

They renewed Marketing subscription in February, 2024, and their next renewal date is 2/1/2025.

The renewal status is "Auto renews on 2/1/2025".

- Customer B

They renewed Marketing subscription in March, 2024, and their next renewal date is 3/31/2025.

The renewal status is "Auto renews on 3/31/2025".

- Customer C

They renewed Marketing subscription in January, 2024, and their next renewal date is 2/1/2025.

The renewal status is "Auto renews on 1/16/2025".

The contract of above A, B and C have the same status.

If they renew in 2025, their contracts will end in 2026 which means they will not exceed 2017.

(There is no 3yr SKUs for Marketing in CSP.)

Are they able to renew their subscription in 2025?

@Yuko_Mizuno 

Please see my updated reply, which is good news for your customer. :smile:

@Yuko_Mizuno 

This is the screenshot that I have failed to attach in my post.

"However, if the subscription hasn't ended, it wouldn't say "expired on"."

You'll need to submit a support ticket to address the subscription status as the Licensing Concierge cannot resolve portal issues.

I hope the typo will be fixed.

If you're referring to the typo about the renewal for Marketing existing subscriptions, yes, this has been updated (see the update in my initial reply).

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, if after reviewing the information you have additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

@LicensingConcierge1 

Thank you very much for the further update and having fixed the learn website.

I'm glad that what I learnt from the webinar last year was correct.

I'm happy that it works out for customers. Have a great week!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Yuko_Mizuno (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Yuko_Mizuno 

In the webinar, they showed the slide about the transitional offer for the existing customers that they could renew their existing D365 Marketing subscription till September 1, 2025. Not only EA but also CSP customers. However, I was reading this Learn page which explains that "This renewal must be made during the transitional offer window that will run through September 1, 2024".  https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-insights/journeys/ci-faq#general  This would effect to some of our customers. Did Microsoft change the schedule or is "2025" just a typo?

You are correct, good catch!

I believe that was a typo since the final contract maturity date that cannot extend beyond September 1, 2027...if the contract renewal began in 2025, a 3yr subscription would end 2028.

***UPDATE as of May 15, 2024 ***

I continued to research this for clarification/confirmation, and I was told that the MS Learn Doc stating that the renewal contract cannot extend beyond 2027 is incorrect. The MS Learn Doc has been updated as of today to reflect 2025:

Dynamics 365 Customer Insights FAQs - Dynamics 365 Customer Insights | Microsoft Learn

LicensingConcierge1_0-1715781867265.png

The good news is that the information in the slide is actually the updated & correct information. since the team has modified the policy last minute last year and extended the renewal period to 24 months (where the norm is typically 12 months) through 9.1.25.  

That means that if your customer renews on a 3-year license, it will take them out to 2028.  

It's hard to say for sure since you haven't provided the information needed to answer this specific customer.  However, if the subscription hasn't ended, it wouldn't say "expired on".

As a friendly reminder, existing customers can renew as long as the contract doesn't extend beyond 2027, so the renewal status would remain on. You can manage the subscription in the Admin center. 

Regards,

View solution in original post