Windows Hello for Business with web auth (office.com)

Copper Contributor

Hi, we are implementing Windows Hello for Business so staff can log into their laptops.

We deployed WHB as a GPO.

How do I integrate it to authenticate when they log into Microsoft products online, like office.com or SharePoint?

Thank you.

2 Replies

Hi @paobmmc,

To integrate Windows Hello for Business (WHB) with online Microsoft products like office.com or SharePoint, follow these steps:

1. Set up Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and ensure you have administrative privileges.

2. Configure Windows Hello for Business in Azure AD by enabling the option for users to use it.

3. Enable Azure AD integration with Microsoft Online Services by configuring Single Sign-On (SSO) settings for the desired applications.

4. Deploy Azure AD Connect to synchronize your on-premises Active Directory with Azure AD, allowing Windows Hello for Business credentials to be synchronized.

5. Enable Windows Hello for Business on user accounts in your on-premises Active Directory using Group Policy or other methods.

6. Test the authentication process to verify that users can log in to office.com or SharePoint using their Windows Hello for Business credentials.

If my answer helped you, you can click on mark as best response.

Kindest regards

Leon Pavesic

Thank you for the quick reply.
Could you please explain more how to achieve these 2 parts?

2. Configure Windows Hello for Business in Azure AD by enabling the option for users to use it.
3. Enable Azure AD integration with Microsoft Online Services by configuring Single Sign-On (SSO) settings for the desired applications.

Parts 1, 4, 5, are in place here.
I have AAD synced with AD, WHB is enabled via GPO for a test group.
Thanks.