TF51005: The query references a field that does not exist. The error is caused by «[Custom.Reflected

Copper Contributor

I try to migrate Azure DevOps boards from one organization to another (cloud-to-cloud, I know there is a migration tool for local-to-cloud).

Since I cannot find a official solution for this. I try to use this tool: https://github.com/nkdAgility/azure-devops-migration-tools

I follow the instructions in the document but errors occur:

[16:43:59 INF] Processor: WorkItemMigration
[16:43:59 INF] Migration Context Start: WorkItemMigration [16:43:59 INF] WorkItemMigrationContext::InternalExecute ...
[16:44:00 INF] MigrationClient: Access granted to https://dev.azure.com/yyy/ for xxx (Email address removed) ...
[16:44:03 INF] MigrationClient: Access granted to https://dev.azure.com/zzz/ for xxx (Email address removed)
[16:44:04 INF] Migrating all Nodes before the Processor run.
[16:44:05 WRN] The node \xxx\Iteration\Sprint 1 is being excluded due to your basePath setting.
[16:44:06 INF] Querying items to be migrated: SELECT [System.Id], [System.Tags] FROM WorkItems WHERE [System.TeamProject] = @TeamProject AND [System.WorkItemType] NOT IN ('Test Suite', 'Test Plan') ORDER BY [System.ChangedDate] desc ...
[16:44:13 INF] Replay all revisions of 20 work items?
[16:44:13 INF] Found target project as test-han [16:44:13 INF] [FilterWorkItemsThatAlreadyExistInTarget] is enabled. Searching for work items that have already been migrated to the target...
[16:44:13 ERR] Error running query Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.ValidationException: TF51005: The query references a field that does not exist. The error is caused by «[Custom.ReflectedWorkItemId]».
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Query.Initialize(WorkItemStore store, String wiql, IDictionary context, Int32[] ids, Int32[] revs, Boolean dayPrecision)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemStore.Query(String wiql, IDictionary context)
at MigrationTools._EngineV1.Clients.TfsWorkItemQuery.GetWorkItemsFromQuery(TfsWorkItemMigrationClient wiClient)
in D:\a\1\s\src\MigrationTools.Clients.AzureDevops.ObjectModel\_EngineV1\Clients\TfsWorkItemQuery.cs:line 40

[16:44:13 FTL] Error while running WorkItemMigration Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.ValidationException: TF51005: The query references a field that does not exist. The error is caused by «[Custom.ReflectedWorkItemId]».
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Query.Initialize(WorkItemStore store, String wiql, IDictionary context, Int32[] ids, Int32[] revs, Boolean dayPrecision)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemStore.Query(String wiql, IDictionary context)
at MigrationTools._EngineV1.Clients.TfsWorkItemQuery.GetWorkItemsFromQuery(TfsWorkItemMigrationClient wiClient)
in D:\a\1\s\src\MigrationTools.Clients.AzureDevops.ObjectModel\_EngineV1\Clients\TfsWorkItemQuery.cs:line 70 at MigrationTools._EngineV1.Clients.TfsWorkItemQuery.GetWorkItems()
in D:\a\1\s\src\MigrationTools.Clients.AzureDevops.ObjectModel\_EngineV1\Clients\TfsWorkItemQuery.cs:line 30
at MigrationTools._EngineV1.Clients.TfsWorkItemMigrationClient.FilterExistingWorkItems(List 1 sourceWorkItems, TfsWiqlDefinition wiqlDefinition, TfsWorkItemMigrationClient sourceWorkItemMigrationClient)
in D:\a\1\s\src\MigrationTools.Clients.AzureDevops.ObjectModel\_EngineV1\Clients\TfsWorkItemMigrationClient.cs:line 54
at VstsSyncMigrator.Engine.WorkItemMigrationContext.InternalExecute()
in D:\a\1\s\src\VstsSyncMigrator.Core\Execution\MigrationContext\WorkItemMigrationContext.cs:line 120
at MigrationTools._EngineV1.Processors.MigrationProcessorBase.Execute()
in D:\a\1\s\src\MigrationTools\_EngineV1\Processors\MigrationProcessorBase.cs:line 47 [16:44:13 ERR] WorkItemMigration The Processor MigrationEngine entered the failed state...stopping run
[16:44:13 INF] Application is shutting down...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is my config file

{
"ChangeSetMappingFile": null,
"Source": {
"$type": "TfsTeamProjectConfig",
"Collection": "https://dev.azure.com/yyy/",
"Project": "y01",
"ReflectedWorkItemIDFieldName": "Custom.ReflectedWorkItemId",
"AllowCrossProjectLinking": false,
"AuthenticationMode": "AccessToken",
"PersonalAccessToken": "MY_TOKEN",
"LanguageMaps": {
"AreaPath": "Area",
"IterationPath": "Iteration"
}
},
"Target": {
"$type": "TfsTeamProjectConfig",
"Collection": "https://dev.azure.com/zzz/",
"Project": "z01",
"ReflectedWorkItemIDFieldName": "Custom.ReflectedWorkItemId",
"AllowCrossProjectLinking": false,
"AuthenticationMode": "AccessToken",
"PersonalAccessToken": "MY_TOKEN2",
"LanguageMaps": {
"AreaPath": "Area",
"IterationPath": "Iteration"
}
},
"GitRepoMapping": null,
"LogLevel": "Information",
"Processors": [
{
"$type": "WorkItemMigrationConfig",
"Enabled": true,
"ReplayRevisions": false,
"PrefixProjectToNodes": false,
"UpdateCreatedDate": true,
"UpdateCreatedBy": true,
"WIQLQueryBit": "AND [System.WorkItemType] NOT IN ('Test Suite', 'Test Plan')",
"WIQLOrderBit": "[System.ChangedDate] desc",
"LinkMigration": false,
"AttachmentMigration": false,
"AttachmentWorkingPath": "c:\temp\WorkItemAttachmentWorkingFolder\",
"FixHtmlAttachmentLinks": false,
"SkipToFinalRevisedWorkItemType": true,
"WorkItemCreateRetryLimit": 5,
"FilterWorkItemsThatAlreadyExistInTarget": true,
"PauseAfterEachWorkItem": false,
"AttachmentMaxSize": 480000000,
"AttachRevisionHistory": false,
"LinkMigrationSaveEachAsAdded": false,
"GenerateMigrationComment": false,
"NodeStructureEnricherEnabled": null,
"NodeBasePaths": [
"/"
],
"WorkItemIDs": null,
"MaxRevisions": 0
}
],
"Version": "11.11",
"workaroundForQuerySOAPBugEnabled": false,
"WorkItemTypeDefinition": {
"sourceWorkItemTypeName": "targetWorkItemTypeName"
},
"Endpoints": {
"InMemoryWorkItemEndpoints": [
{
"Name": "Source",
"EndpointEnrichers": null
},
{
"Name": "Target",
"EndpointEnrichers": null
}
]
}
}

I follow some solutions from other articles, setup a custom column called 'ReflectedItemId' for workitem type 'Product Backlog' (just this type). And apply this self-define process (inherited form Scrum) to both source & destination project. And still can not fix it.

Then, I try to run the query shown above(error log) with "Wiql playground " extension on source project. It says that "@TeamProject " is not a valid name, which means the query from source project is not working, not to mention the succeeding tasks . Am I understand it right?

Please give me some suggestion.

1 Reply
Dear Han,
The solution for this issue is explained here:
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61770963/how-do-i-resolve-tf51005-for-reflectedworkitemid-when-m...

You need to update each of item type you expect to migrate in destination project with a new dedicated field "ReflectedWorkItemId"
The best option is to create a new Process Model copying the original once and add this field into the Work Item Type concerned by this loading.
Fab