How to deploy from Azure DevOps pipeline to App Service in customer Subscription, through Lighthouse

Copper Contributor

Hi all.

We have a project, a normal web app, in our Azure DevOps. Build & deploy work just fine using the pipelines, to our own dev subscriptions.

But the actual customer has their own Azure tenant and subscription(s). We have access to there through Azure Lighthouse - it works, we can work on the resources in their subscription and so on. Access is through a security group in our AAD.

But we are having trouble deploying from Azure DevOps pipeline (YAML, if that makes a difference) to the customer subscription. We created a service connection in DevOps, I added the service principal to the security group in our AAD that has the Lighthouse access - no go, deployments fail. Error seems to indicate that the deploy pipeline can't find the App Service in the customer subscription, which I think means it doesn't have access.

Has anyone been able to do this is? Is it supposed to work, or am I missing something?

0 Replies