WVD and teams optimization

Copper Contributor

We have deployed a WVD pool with teams using the optimization for WVD. The camera and mic are working fine but we have a real big problem with audio and video quality. It would seem to be worse when in group calls. The issues we are facing is delayed voice and pixelated video.

Has anybody else experienced issues like these?

Are the any other tweaks that can be made to improve the quality?

53 Replies

@patrick-hThats a new document i have not seen yet or has been updated with more information. Are you using them?

I have two enviroments with exactly the same issue

@Paul Collins  I haven't tried exclusions yet.  I was hoping someone else had tried before I gave it a go.  

On another note:  it seems calls from WVD Teams Optimized user to WVD Teams Optimized user (same host pool) are much better quality.  Have you experienced this?

@patrick-h 

We have tried calls on the same host pool and even these are poor. It's useable if it's just one to one calls once you get more users in the call then the quality starts to be poor.

@StevenHayes  can you please share the link to your support ticket? 

@reburkea 

Would you like are support ticket? or do you already have this?

@Paul Collins yes please share the support ticket

@reburkeaThe Case number is 22410788

Can i ask why you want it?

@Paul Collins I'm the PM owner of Teams on WVD media optimizations. I can't search for just a case number, unfortunately, but if you can share a direct link to the support ticket I can make sure that my team looks at it directly. My apologies for your long wait and the lack of engagement on your ticket thus far. 

@reburkea Thanks for posting to the group.  I have added all the Teams exclusions to our FS Logix profiles and I'm still getting serious delays with video not matching audio using optimizations.  Also, the screen sharing is freezing frequently.  Is there anything you need to help troubleshoot these issues?

@reburkeaPM me your email address and i will forward over the ticket we have currenlty

@Paul Collins Sent to you

@patrick-h there can be many underlying causes that present as similar symptoms, so I can't say without a more detailed look at what's going on. If your case number is the same as Steven's I've requested he share it with me directly. If you are tracking this issue in a separate case/ICM/bug, please do share the link with me so I can make sure the right people are looking at it. We will likely request more information depending on the nature of the underlying problem. 

@reburkeaSent you a couple of emails.

Can you confirm you have these?

Any updates on this issue?  One to one video calls work perfectly.  Meetings have video drop or freeze with over two people total in a meeting.

@patrick-h 

Not really

I have been speaking to various people at microsoft about this and can't really get a straight answere at the momment if this is a knowen issue.

Are issues have been blamed on bandwidth which i know is not true as we have plenty. Waiting for a call with Microsoft to back this up with evidence.

I will let you know if i get any more information

@reburkea 

I have spent numerous hours trying to troubleshoot this issue.  I finally had an opportunity to use the beta Zoom plugin for WVD.  I had a problem free call with 10 people on video, my screen sharing allowed windows and kept my video going while sharing.  It is embarrassing that Zoom for WVD "just works", while Teams for WVD can't even work with the limitations that are on the WVD version.  I just need meetings to work.  I have had to halt my deployment of WVD until this is fixed.  Unacceptable.  Can you please provide an ETA for when meetings will be usable on Teams WVD?

@patrick-h 

In the same boat as you guys as well.  Very frustrating.  I had a ticket open with Microsoft for nearly a month and got absolutely nowhere.  I would hope this is, or soon becomes, a known issue and is priorities at Microsoft to get this fixed and working properly.  Moving to Zoom is not an option for us.

Hello. I was curious if anyone came to a resolution for this. I have recently stood up a test WVD environment for my team to start testing and utilizing. I had installed Teams and went through all of the optimization setup for WVD outlined in the Microsoft documentation. 1-to-1 calls seem to work fine. When on a call with more than 1 person the video feedback is extremely choppy or completely stops working. Audio did not seem to be a problem. Any help or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

@cdranschak 

We still have an open ticket with support. There have been some improvements to the remote desktop client which helped for a test call we did for 5 mins before going back to the same issues as before.

Are support call has been open since Oct last year

Thanks Paul. I have opened a case with our premier support. If I get anywhere I will let you know.