SOLVED

Hybrid Join for AVD Hostpool (Pooled)

Copper Contributor

Hi guys

we are new to the topic AVD and are starting with configuring our first Hostpool in Azure. We would like to have a pooled Hostpool with Windows 11 Multi-Session.

The users are synced from a On-Prem AD to Entra ID. The personas are pretty simple and just use M365 Apps, FSLogix and 2 Business Apps.

I saw in a nice presentation from Marcel Meurer approx. 1 Year ago that having the AVD Sessionhosts in Intune when pooled is not a good idea.

We know from Intune that doing a Hybrid-Join for Notebooks isn't a good idea and gives a lot more complexity. What is best practise for AVD in our case? Should we configure Hybrid-Join without having a DC in Azure or is it required to have one also in Azure to be able to configure GPO's or how do you managed the session host's?

Configuring a AADDS does give me also more complexity in this case, right?

Thanks for your feedback.

Marc

2 Replies
best response confirmed by marc_kuhn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @marc_kuhn!

We resurfaced your question during today's session of AMA: Windows in the Cloud - October 18, 2023! Please see the panel's answer at around 08:50.

Hi all
wow, what a response, love it :ok_hand:.

Thanks a lot for your explaination, i highly appreciate it!!

Best regards
Marc
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by marc_kuhn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @marc_kuhn!

We resurfaced your question during today's session of AMA: Windows in the Cloud - October 18, 2023! Please see the panel's answer at around 08:50.

View solution in original post