SOLVED

Camera does not work on Teams with media optimizations installed

Iron Contributor

Camera does not work in Teams running on Windows 10 AVD with media optimisations installed. I can see the camera feed with the Windows Camera app. However, in Teams client, it just shows a white screen. Speakers and Microphone work without any problems.

Anyone encountered this issue before.

27 Replies

@PaulStirling Aah Office 365 admin you mean - yes I saw that but it didn't entirely describe our issue. I was looking inside the actual Azure portal advisories. Anyway fixed at least now.

Agreed, our ones are now working also.

Have you had anything from MS advising they have done anything?
Sorted, MS change control and testing at its usual best I see. ;)
I would forgive them for the lack of change if they would have at least logged a Problem for it :)

@Gurdev Singh 

This has now begun working for me as well, thanks for those below that mentioned it as I re-tested and found it to be working again.

>>Current status: We've identified that a configuration change intended to archive past overlapping changes resulted in a feature flag being disabled, resulting in impact. We've applied a fix to re-enable the feature flag and we've verified via monitoring and with affected users that this action successfully resolved the problem.<<

So the question is - where was this config change and which feature flag was disabled?
Was it Teams, WebRTC redirector, Remote desktop app or somewhere else on Azure AVD optimizations?

Might be unrealted but anyone having issues with blurred or custom backgrounds via AVD and optimization?

Yes we have an issues with backgrounds, I believe officially custom backgrounds are not supported on optimised teams but we have a problem with the standard background and blurring that is supported and should work. There is an update to C++ components that seemed to fix in on one of our builds but still have an issues with the majority of our devices so interested if you find a fix.

just for info we had the issue though before the incident this chat relates to