SOLVED

Azure WVD Session Host unavailable

Copper Contributor

Hi, I`m trying to configure an Azure WVD but after the deployment it says that the Session host is unavailable

"healthCheckName": "DomainJoinedCheck",
        "healthCheckResult": "HealthCheckFailed",
        "additionalFailureDetails": {
            "message": "SessionHost unhealthy: SessionHost is not joined to a domain",

Are there some extra steps that I need to do before the deployment?(I created an aadds in the same resource group and same vnet)
9 Replies

@DumaDavid 

the sessions host need to be joined to the domain, you may have got the credentials wrong when filling in the domain join UPN you can RDP to them and join them manually.

I’ve already tried to join the domain from the VM(connecting by bastion) but it told me that it was already in AAD
aad is Azure Active Directory, it isn't running domain services, that is provided by Azure Active Directory Domain Services (aadds).
The vm should be on the aadds domain so when you select the network for the vm as long as you have selected the same region as you aadds, you will see the aadds vnet and subnet

Is the account you are using member of the AADDS administrators groups in AAD?
If not the domain join will fail

@Johan Vanneuville  the account is the group.

When creating the VM should I chose to join an AD instead of the AAD then?
best response confirmed by DumaDavid (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DumaDavid Absolutely and use an account that has permission to join machines to the domain.

Azure Virtual Desktop host pool Azure portal - Azure | Microsoft Docs 

That's step 11 under Virtual Machine Details..

I've done that and manually joined the VM into the domain, now it works, thank you for the advice!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DumaDavid (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@DumaDavid Absolutely and use an account that has permission to join machines to the domain.

Azure Virtual Desktop host pool Azure portal - Azure | Microsoft Docs 

That's step 11 under Virtual Machine Details..

View solution in original post