Web Activity Not Geeting Triggered with OnFailure Process in Azure Data Factory

Copper Contributor

Hello ADF Community,

I'm encountering an issue with a pipeline in Azure Data Factory where the Web Activity doesn't seem to be functioning correctly when it's connected with the onFailure process of the Set Variable activity and Execute Pipeline activity.

Here's a brief overview of my setup:

• I have a pipeline with a Web Activity configured to call a web endpoint.
  • In the same pipeline, I have a Set Variable activity followed by an Execute Pipeline activity within the onFailure process.
  • The idea is that if the Set Variable or Execute Pipeline activities fail, the Web Activity should still execute.

Prashantjoshi_1-1710832055020.png

However, when there's a failure in the Set Variable or Execute Pipeline activities, the Web Activity doesn't seem to execute as expected. I've checked the error handling, permissions, endpoint availability, and authentication, but I'm still facing this issue.

Could anyone provide insights or suggestions on what might be causing this behavior and how I can troubleshoot it effectively? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

@Prashantjoshi these connections work addititvely. Your web activity will execute when both input activities fail, which isn't possible in your setup.

You can use a combination of "failure" and "skip" connections on the second task to achieve your goal.

First task failing:

AMeyersen_0-1713355845138.png

second task failing:

AMeyersen_1-1713355904640.png