Handshake Failure in ASP.NET Core Web API on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Copper Contributor

I have an ASP.NET Core Web API that was working perfectly on my Windows machine. I needed to deploy it on an Ubuntu Linux 22.04 LTS server. I followed this guide.

The application runs and can be accessed through the browser using localhost:5169. in Linux However, when a client tries to fetch data using the Linux server's IP address and port endpoint, it throws the following exception: I am using HTTP currently

Client Window app access then this exception shows in the terminal of Linux. If I use Client android app then it does not throw any exception it just says Time out.

fail: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Database.Connection[20004]
      An error occurred using the connection to database '****' on server '******'.
fail: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Query[10100]
      An exception occurred while iterating over the results of a query for context type '****.ApiContext.apiContext'.
      Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 31 - Encryption(ssl/tls) handshake failed)
       ---> System.IO.IOException: Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream........

Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer 8.0.2 (Installed)

Added this in Program.cs

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls11 | SecurityProtocolType.Tls;
var app = builder.Build();

Connection String

"ApiString": "Data Source=DB***;Initial Catalog=***;User Id=user;Password=**********;Connect Timeout=30;Encrypt=false;TrustServerCertificate=true;Persist Security Info=false;Application Intent=ReadWrite;MultiSubnetFailover=false"

LaunchSettings.Json

"profiles": {
"Image_catalogue": {
"commandName": "Project",
"launchBrowser": true,
"launchUrl": "swagger",
"environmentVariables": {
"ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT": "Development"
},
"dotnetRunMessages": true,
"applicationUrl": "http://localhost:5169",
"nativeDebugging": false
},

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply

@Dragon_Slayer 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the App Development space in the .NET community. (You can find this and other product discussion spaces in the future through the Community Hubs page.)

I'm guessing this is the correct place based on context, but I am not a technical expert, so if this belongs somewhere different, feel free to let me know or repost it there.