Field Extraction Wizard will not work.

Copper Contributor

I want to extract some fields that I imported in raw data and be able to create custom fields the documentation says I should be able to. But it seems to be false> I would appreciate it if anyone has Ideas if not I would assume azure could at least update the documentation.

2 Replies

@lglenn 

Cannot get your question, can elaborate more?

@lglenn I understand your frustration. It's essential to have accurate and up-to-date documentation to ensure users can make the most of the features and capabilities provided by a platform or service. If you are facing difficulties with extracting fields or creating custom fields in Azure based on the documentation, here are some steps you can take to address the issue:

1. **Double-check Documentation: ** Verify that you are following the correct steps and procedures as outlined in the official Azure documentation. Sometimes, small details or specific prerequisites might be missed, leading to unexpected outcomes.

2. **Community and Forums:** Look for online forums or community platforms where other Azure users share their experiences and solutions. Microsoft Docs and Stack Overflow often have active communities that can offer guidance and insights based on real-world scenarios.

3. **Feedback to Azure Team:** If you believe there is an error or outdated information in the documentation, consider providing feedback to the Azure team. Microsoft values user feedback and continuously improves its services based on user input.

4. **Alternative Solutions:** While waiting for updates or clarifications from Azure, explore alternative methods to achieve your goals. There might be different approaches or workarounds that can help you extract the desired fields or create custom fields.

5. **Keep an Eye on Updates:** Azure services and documentation are frequently updated. Stay informed about any new releases, feature updates, or changes that may address your concerns.

Remember that technology and cloud services can evolve rapidly, and sometimes discrepancies between documentation and actual behavior can occur. By following the steps above, you can increase your chances of finding a resolution or at least gain more information about the issue you are facing.

Lastly, if you provide more specific details about the particular Azure service or task you are trying to accomplish, I might be able to offer more targeted advice or suggestions.