Search box not working on a continuous form

Copper Contributor

I'm new to MS Access. I'm having an issue with one of my search boxes. I have a table containing historical data for my team. The table has 12 fields. I've created a query from the table with all fields. I've also created a continuous form pulling data from the query. On the form I've added 2 search boxes. One box for an ID field and the other for a name field from the query. I've added 2 criteria to the query under each field linking to the corresponding search box(for the ID, [FORMS]![QRYHISTORICAL]![IDSEARCH]; for the name, LIKE "*" & [FORMS]![QRYHISTORICAL]![NAMESEARCH] & "*";. I've added a Vba code to requery the form. The ID search box is returning data from the search but the name search box isn't any result. What can be the cause of my issue?

4 Replies
Did you put BOTH searches in the query? Then it will look for an ID and a Name. Simplify the query to only do the name search. Works?

@Tom_van_Stiphout 

I did put each criteria under its column. I've tried running only the name and it didn't work.

@christhomas412 

I was able to use VBA code instead of adding criteria to the query. The boxes are working now. Thank you for your help

I was able to use VBA code instead of adding criteria to the query. The boxes are working now. Thank you for your help