Wrong job title displaying

Copper Contributor

I'm using SfB on Mac (Version 16.5.185) and my job title is still my old title. (It was changed March 15th). Is there a grace period for it to sync from Outlook? Please advise.

Thanks! 

21 Replies
Do you checked if your Job Title is correct on the Active directory side?

So I'm running into the same issue.

Active Directory has the appropriate job title.

Sync with A.D. to O365 is functioning properly and replicated.

Delve shows the correct title.

Exchange shows the correct title.

Skype for Business for mac, shows the previous job title, not the current up-to-date job title.

:(

+1 in skype meetings, skype profile ok!

Hi, are there any updates for this post? I'm currently having the same issue.

@Steven Jordan wrote:

So I'm running into the same issue.

Active Directory has the appropriate job title.

Sync with A.D. to O365 is functioning properly and replicated.

Delve shows the correct title.

Exchange shows the correct title.

Skype for Business for mac, shows the previous job title, not the current up-to-date job title.

:(

I'm having the same issue, wrong title is displayed on Skype for Business on MAC. Please help.

I too have the same issue, with a bunch of users on the MAC, old job titles showing up. This is happening only on their respective MAC machines, ever other user can view the latest Job titles these users, even other users on the MAC can see the latest information.

I checked the users contact cards on outlook, nothing specific to his contact in there.

Pulled the user data from RTClocal, even in here the users Old job title shows up, how do we update this information?

Where is the MAC client getting this information from?

This is a known issue, and we are working on a fix in the UCWA component of the server. The app relies on the server component to refresh the contact information, and it doesn't always refresh for yourself in some circumstances. Everyone else should be seeing your correct information; it is just your view of the contact card that has stale data.

Any way to force that update from the Local Machine or from the server side? can you please give more details.

regards :) 

Do we know if there is any fix for this as of yet? Have just come across this issue myself with a user and not sure what to do about it.

Any update here? As of Dec 7, 2018 still doesn't appear to be resolved.

@Phillip Garding Is there any update on this issue ?

We also have multiple users facing this issue as of 13th December, 2018.

The fix for Skype for Business Online users is in the final stages of testing, and should be in production by the end of the year.  The fix is also on track to be released as part of the next cumulative updates to Skype for Business 2015 and 2019 servers.

To clarify my statement - the fix is on track to be included in SfB 2015 Server CU9, currently expected to release in CY2019 Q1.  SfB 2019 Server CU1 is expected to release in CY2019 Q2.

Thanks for the update. @Phillip Garding

Hi @Phillip Garding - is there any update on the fix for Skype for Business Online?

Our SfB Mac/iOS users are impacted.

PC users see all of the correct job titles for the Mac users.

All Mac users see old / incorrect / stale job titles for themselves and other Mac users.

All these Mac users are homed in SfB Online.

The fix should now be available in Skype for Business Online.  On prem server fix is on track, as I stated previously.

Phil.

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for updates.

Quick question, we are running hybrid environment SfB2015 on prem and SfBO. 

Affected users are hosted on SfBO and still experiencing issue.

Do we still need to wait&apply fix for SfB 2015 in order to solve it?

Thanks!

Not fixed for Online version currently

@Phillip, is this issue described in any kb???

This would be of great help towards customers.
In my case it is for SFB on-prem hybrid setup with Exchange Online.