Headsets and Sounds

Brass Contributor

One thing that I can not believe has been addressed yet is the lack of control over notification sound. Like most Skype for Bus users if you use it for voice chats you have a headset plugged in and Skype set to use it. When in that config all notification sounds for incoming calls and new IM's go to the headset sitting on the desk and are missed unless you are looking at the screen. This is basic stuff to using the client. When might we get this "feature"?

4 Replies

It seems to go out to the main speakers once or twice on reboot (not just restart) before bugging out and only going to headset for me.

Mine is consistent. If my headset it set up for the Mic and Speaker in the client all sounds go to it. If I unplug my headset and just have the laptop alone then I hear everything but if I get on a call I have to talk over my laptop speaker and mic.

Mine is consistent. If my headset it set up for the Mic and Speaker in the client all sounds go to it. If I unplug my headset and just have the laptop alone then I hear everything but if I get on a call I have to talk over my laptop speaker and mic.

This one was already adressed a year ago - see here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Users/Does-Skype-for-Business-on-Mac-have-...

But unfortunately until now no progress at all.

So let's try again to request that simple feature which was already available in Lync2011:

Where is the secondary ringer ???

Thanks and regards,

Sascha