SOLVED

audit log reports Group O365 Sites

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello how can we generate audit log reports in a Group O365 Site ? I can't find "Audit log reports" in the Site Collection Administration section of a group O365 Site.

4 Replies

I'm not sure why that option isn't there, someone else might know but have you checked out the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center?  That has auditing capabilities with lots of different insights including user and admin activity in SharePoint Online.

best response
Solution
Yep, your choices are:
(1) Use the Compliance & Security Center following Cian's advice
(2) Grab the enable auditing and access to audit report Urls from a classic SPO site and try to open in the Group site...it might happen this workaround is not going to work (I have not tested it)
And to add, this is another sample of options we have in classic SPO Sites that have been hidden in modern ones

Hello,

You can use the below auditing tool to get the separate report on SharePoint groups. 

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Office-365-Auditing-Tool-01747cd4

This tool provides more than 300 pre-built reports and it provides more filtering capabilities which will help you to filter groups based on site-collection/site.

Thank you.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Yep, your choices are:
(1) Use the Compliance & Security Center following Cian's advice
(2) Grab the enable auditing and access to audit report Urls from a classic SPO site and try to open in the Group site...it might happen this workaround is not going to work (I have not tested it)
And to add, this is another sample of options we have in classic SPO Sites that have been hidden in modern ones

View solution in original post