SharePoint Hybrid Search Schema changes

Iron Contributor

Hi,

We've got a hybrid setup for search with O365+SP2013.

On a particular content source we have continuous crawling running.

In one of the site collections included in this content source, I've done some schema changes.

I've marked the site and the library to be re-indexed, but the schema changes are just not being applied.

Do schema changes at site collection level require a full crawl for them to take effect?

Can you point me to any official documentation listing what changes require a new full crawl?

Thanks!

J

2 Replies

You can use the Refinable* properties at the Site Collection level to map to crawled properties. New MPs you create will not be used with hybrid functionality. You do not have to perform a full crawl.

Thanks for your reply Trevor.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that if I map a pre-existing refinable MP to new crawled properties, that doesn't require a full crawl?

The schema changes I did are very similar. Essentially I just swapped the order of pre-configured crawled "title" properties in the "Title" MP.

It's always a balancing act between the List Item title, the document title, the file name...

In this particular site collection I bumped the ows_title crawled property to the top of the list, but there are a couple of PDF files still showing the PDF file's Title property instead...