SOLVED

Bluetooth and Wireless display not working on Windows Server 2022

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

While this may not be the required case in production.

However, on my standalone laptop, I have installed Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Edition(GUI).

Wireless Network is working which helps me to connect to WiFi network for internet.

• BUT, Bluetooth devices are NOT connected. They are detected and showed as 'paired' but never connects.
  • ALSO, it fails to detect the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. This is useful when I want to present my laptop screen with all Hyper-V machines on a projector with which Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is connected.

Let me know if anyone has experienced this similar behavior and if there are any suggestions around.

regards

Kayyum

213 Replies
Could you please share with me the process of getting the win 10 drivers over to 2022? The registry is an old friend but the permissions model never was.
Sir would you kindly share same with me? I am grateful.
Jan, did you get the drivers back ported over? Would you kindly share the process?
I seem to have created a second account when it did not find mine other day and now I am answering myself. Nothing new about that but does anyone know how I delete one of these accts?
Windows 2022 server should support bluetooth out of the box. Only BT headphone support is missing.

Gladserver, could you please attach the screenshot of the device with missing driver? what is the "device instance path"?
SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-2EF555DA-44B6-4CA6-98C5-E3EE0B65D0DB
was gathered from a win 11 pc as it does not even show up in DM on the server. I had a guy that says he is a certified Master Tech from HP to try to install this printer driver and he spent 2 days so far remoted connected and has not succeeded.

About the blue tooth driver, I can give you one but this issue is more than that and I am not sure now how to explain it in writting. I we talked by phone I could make all clear.

here is requested for a USB radio I tried to install recently : BTH\MS_BTHPAN\6&191D4A77&1&2

I am trying to install it so I have some USB support. As is I have some things that show up and others that do not. I am clearly confused.
I also gather from some that WS 2022 has Bluetooth available and others says positively not but was there in 2019 server.

About the screen shot what do you wish me to shoot??? Sorry I am not clear.

"BTH\MS_BTHPAN" is a "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)". You don't really need that device and it's absolutely safe to disable it. This used to build a LAN over Bluetooth, but now it's deprecated and should not be used.

Are there any other devices that do not work?
I am sorry to be so confused here. This "BTH\MS_BTHPAN". in my case actually is a USB Bluetooth devise the supposedly ( sorry do not know correct terms here). serves all sorts of Bluetooth devices that you may wish to use wirelessly. Where the Bluetooth on the server ( if it actually has any) is not serving some devices and others not serving well. I opted to get this bluetooth device to replace what ever is there now.

About not working that would be most anything blue tooth at all. It does not work blue tooth speakers, I think it will not cast to a monitor, Heck I forget what else now but will make an accounting of all if need be but I feel I have described all so poorly here that you are under the impression that my bluetooth is basically working and I believe that to be not the case at all. Also I believe it was Super Micro that told me that this server does not come with Bluetooth and I had to get a dongle or card for it to have Bluetooth. I am thoroughly confused now and sorry to bother you so but wish to help to sort this out.

Charlie
OH to be sure blue tooth or not, I have MS KB and mouse and they have a small dongle that serves them and I guess that just not made sense to me finally that SW is correct in that the server has no 'Bluetooth as the dongle serves BT to those tools while other perfierals that have not a dongle are not working at all as they have no BT devise to serve them and surely makes sense more now as well that my thoughts to get this USB multi BT server thingie would be the ticket and cure if I could get a driver for it. My other intent is to also get a Dual WIFI 6e / BT5.2 card for PCIe slot and thus have a faster router with that and rid the old router here and also then have BT 5.2 for all it would serve. I understand also that the dongle I have may not do casting to a projector and the card supposed to do all. Problem is that there is no driver for that card for Ws2022 as well.
What can you tell me?

@SergejKiller Hey, Serge are you going to share with me how you ported the drivers and such from win 10 over so they worked? 
I am doubtful this screen shot will help but here it is: 

Gladhattercom_0-1649309756347.png

Again @SergejKiller, I am unsure why you will not or have not shared the knowledge of how to port the drivers and such over but I certainly hope you will and save me the vast search to find this elsewhere. 

Crazy I know but I done a fresh install of WS2022 and now I have SOME bluetooth and unsure where that may take me or no. '

Gladserver_1-1649313025388.png

Hi @SergejKiller,

It is exactly the BT audio headphones that I want to enable in Server 2022, have you found a solution for this ?

A tutorial and/or guide online perhaps ?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

@Todarivah @SergejKiller  So would some one here please wish to share the process to port the win 10 stuff over to enable a working BT on WS 2022 or any other advise or knowledge of how to make the BT work on ws2022?    

Would you kindly PM or somehow also share that knowledge with me? I will make it work but would be nice to get a hand up on it.
I honestly think that @SergejKiller was just showing off and not really achieved what he was saying, if that was the case he would already had published the process...
@Todarivah1770, I'm sending instructions to everyone who asks. Check your personal messages

@SergejKiller Would you kindly send to me please? I have not got them yet.  

Not everything can be publicly shared for various reasons.
Understood. Would you kindly email me the instructions at gladhatter@gladhatter.net? Thank you Charlie
@Gladserver, as I've already told you, your problem is different. If Bluetooth stack doesn't work for you. My instructions won't fix your problem. I only know how to add AVRCP & headset profile support. But you should be able to pair BT devices prior to that.