Teams Meeting recordings not accessible to invitees

Iron Contributor

Teams meeting recordings (OneDrive) for scheduled meetings are not being shared to all invited.  Instead, the file is only being shared to people who attended the meeting.  I've tested this a few times and gone through the lists to verify that the people that did not attend the meeting do not have access.  If this is by design, this is a significant oversight by Microsoft.  Previously in Stream, the recording was shared to everyone in the invite.  Now with the move to OneDrive, this means going through the attendee list and comparing to who was invited, then manually going to the OneDrive recording, modifying the sharing, and adding each of the people that did not attend the meeting.  Most meeting recordings in our organization are needed for the people who missed the meeting, and by default they cannot access.  What a pain for any meeting larger than a few people! 

Microsoft's documentation does not match the behavior:
"People invited to the meeting, except external users, will automatically be granted permission to the recording file with view access without ability to download."
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-recording 

Please tell me there's a powershell setting for this somewhere... 

24 Replies
@Eric_H,

I chose another way :), which is I opened a ticket for Microsoft through Teams admin portal and asked them for help. Till now, Microsoft is analysing and asking couple of questions, which I'm answering and hoping they will be in condition to fix this strange behaviour of MS Teams.

Will keep posted if I find some useful stuff.

@manshu1905 Great idea!  I remember when I use to believe MS support could fix problems, lol.  I appreciate any info you find out.  If they suggest that other users should open tickets to help show the issue is systemic, let me know and I'll open a ticket as well.  

@Eric_H or @manshu1905  - did you ever find a resolution for this? I have some end users reporting the same symptom this week. Just started digging in, but haven't uncovered anything too helpful yet.

Thanks,

Brian

@GullettBrianand @Eric_Hepinstall - Hello, I'm getting reports as of yesterday from our employees when they are invited to Teams meetings but don't attend...they can't access the chat or recording from the meeting.

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue?

I can confirm this happened this past week to someone who did not attend the meeting, but was invited. The entire purpose of the meeting recording was to serve someone who could not attend. I'm glad I, at least, found this issue in MTC to confirm I'm not alone.