"Replies Restricted" with Teams for Android

Copper Contributor

Hi, 
One of our users is getting "Replies Restricted" on their Teams app (Android device):

pyankulov_0-1586627849776.png

The user has no issues with their web/desktop app. The problem with this "Replies Restricted" is only for some channels in our team and only when using Android app.

We tried literally everything - from reinstalling the app, clearing all data (+cache), resetting database, sign out / in and rebooting the phone.  This is the version in use:

pyankulov_1-1586628084699.png

Any clues or recommendations ?

Kind Regards,
PY

40 Replies

well... for now .. the only solution is install a old version..
V 1416_1.0.0.2020032405

is functional 

Same problem here.
We are at least 2 users at work with the same problem
Try to install a old version..
V 1416_1.0.0.2020032405 (is working for now..)
Is functional before those updates after this V xxx40603 start this problem.

But, i still trying to get information from microsoft on this and future updates.

@Rodrigowbs hi we are facing the same problem. How can we downgrade to a older version of teams?

@Umar-Butt hey sorry for delay... i using those apk's Here in my OneDrive  , uninstall the latest app and install this version... 

android devices not are same for this you need to try install one of these... if one install successfully this is it.. and don't let google play store update TEAMS app.. if this do, the problem comes again.

Mirror link  

Sorry but I wouldn’t trust installing app from any unknown sources. You know what I mean.

@pritpalkarir Yes i completely understand, no problem buddy.  i will un-link these too for not getting any trouble on forum too.

if you need the version will actually works is this V 1416_1.0.0.2020032405

-- ahh you can look in apk mirror if you need or wait microsoft update again this app.. (the safest in my opinion)

Hi pyankulov, has Microsoft support solved this problem?
Currently is escalated to app dev team.

@UwuTheClouds123 
Thank you, but how can you make an existing channel private? I tried (I'm no admin) but I can't find a way to do it. 

Also: I found out that if you make a new private team, even android clients can post in public channels: the problem seems affecting only older teams/channels.

Please try it and report back if it works.

I also ruled out moderation on/off... even reinstall the app seems to do nothing at all.

Last Update solved my problem.. THANK YOU GOD PROGRAMMERS ...  (after 7 updates....) but solved yay

Hi is there a new update available for android?

yes try unistall the version on your phone and then download it from playstore

@Rodrigowbs many thanks this solved our problem too

It happens for Apple user as well. Latest update does not solve it yet. I’ve uninstall-restart-install but still no go.
i'm not able to reply to others post or in the meeting chat. They get the error "Replies restricted". plz help and reply anyone
is your pblm solved? if yes plz reply. how to ur pblm solve

@Rodrigowbs so i am in a teams group and the leader has restricted my replies, is there anyway i could do anything to be able to input into the general chat again?