SOLVED

Multiple account and tenant support for Microsoft Teams

Occasional Contributor
Please add a way to add multiple accounts from different tenants to Teams apps, both mobile and PC.
Slack has this feature and it is crucial for consultants working with different companies.
Please se vote the idea here:
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925362-sign-in-to-cl...

Thank you,
Roberto
116 Replies
Please vote on this on the feedback link as Roberto suggests. That said, suffice to say that this is a commonly requested feature and is something we are actively pursuing. We agree with you!
Hi Roberto - great scenario, and thanks so much for posting a feedback suggestion. I would consider this a form of guest access - you want to be able to have your primary account and associated teams, but also be able to join teams hosted in another tenant, like a customer or partner.
Hi Dan,
I don't know if I would call it a "guest access" scenario. I currently have legitimate office365 licenses in several tenants of my clients, with full email address @clientcompany.com

In Slack, for instance, I have accounts in different companies, like:
- company1.slack.com
- company2.slack.com

And I can add all these different accounts to my iOS and PC slack app.

Thank you

I wouldn't call this a guest account or partner... many people in the Slack world work across several scenarios:

1. You own or take part in multiple businesses (I own two + my day job)
  2. You are opted into some channels in Slack as you operate as a vendor

Scenario #1 is critical to my business; I cannot log in/out for the two efforts I have underway.

Would the Azure B2B collaboration work for this?  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-b2b-collaboration-overview

I do agree though, the easiest would be to just allow the user to login to mulitple accounts at one time (similar to Slack).  I actually have the reverse problem.  I'm the client and have a couple consulting partners I want to include in a team but it's difficult for them as they have their own O365 teams setup plus other clients to connect with, etc.

I tried to click the link to vote but it doesn't seem to be functioning.

I want to vote for this feature but the link in the OP is giving me a page not found. Anyone else having the same problem?

this is become a major issue accross microsoft products.  They either dont support multi-account/tenant or it is a major pain.

I believe the user voice link doesn't address the originally stated issue, which is that a user from one tenant can't join another tenant's team. For example, assuming both a project consultant and the customer are on a business plan, the consultant can't create a team for the project and invite the customer to join it.

I got this working now in my Windows10 desktop app. However, the mobile apps still lack the option to switch tenant...

You got this to work on the desktop client?

Come on MS. we need this so bad

How exactly did you do it?

Not fair, Dennis :)

You need to at least point us in the right direction to do the same :)

John

This How-To video provides a brief overview of how to Enable Guest Access in Microsoft Teams, invite an external guest to a Team, accept a Teams invite and j...
This continues to an issue. With security updates and lockdowns it has become an acute problem. I have two accounts, one for the company I work for and one for a professional association in which I volunteer. I currently have to log-out and then re-login (i.e. only one account can be active at a time) several times a day.
Companies consider it a security risk to allow members outside the company domain.

I am part of 3 "Teams"/Different companies in which I own.  I have now reverted 1 company away from Teams and back to Trello/mobile messaging, access 1 company Team page via Chrome, and the main company via Desktop and phone app.  I wish we were never advised to use Teams...pushing to move all companies back to Trello for seamless multiple account access.  Can someone at Microsoft please advise if this feature will ever exist?  If not, back to Google and Trello options as they are MUCH easier to implement for multiple companies.

This thread seems to be addressing two different problems. The one that I'm interested in seeing resolved is the ability to have two instances of Teams open at the same time. I'm a consultant and use Teams both for my client and for my own organization. Like others on this thread, I have to log in and out several times a day in order to traverse organizations. It would be ideal if the two accounts could be in a single UI (like having multiple email accounts within Exchange), but I'd be ok if I literally had to instantiate two instances of Teams. Just do something so I don't have to log in and out and in and out. Becomes even more painful when all these orgs use multifactor auth!