SOLVED

Microsoft Teams for MacOS is Blank

Copper Contributor

Hello there,

i have downloaded Microsoft Teams app for my MacBook Pro and after installing it requires my credentials after that only shows the blank screen and splash screen says "Loading Microsoft Teams ..." 

OS version: MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

could you please help me to fix the issue 

thanks,

Mojtaba Babaei

24 Replies

@MojtabaBabaei In my experience I would suggest uninstalling Teams for MacOS and re-download and install again. It should work flawlessly so trying again should fix it.

Also check in Systems Preferences that Teams has Full Disk access.

I have the same issue, and reinstalling doesn't fix it.

Temporary fix (for few hours) is to delete /Library/Application Support/Microsft/Teams folder. Issue occur mostly ofter some inactive time or locking macbook.

Mac OS: 10.15.3 and same happens on 10.15.4

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MojtabaBabaei Hi - I had exactly the same issue. was driving me NUTS. Mine was working perfectly - and then just stopped. It coincided with a Microsoft update - so coincidence? I tried everything from a new MAC OS update, deleting and reinstalling teams; deleting my library files. 

This silly thing worked or me: the app was open and I right clicked on the icon in my finder dock. I clicked sign out. I then closed the app and restarted. After logging back in, the whole app refreshed and it seems to be back and working. 

Thanks a lot!! I tried to reinstall the app and it did not help.
But signing out and signing in again helped!! Thanks

@mtjoca1984 No worries! It is so crucial to have Teams working right now. It was driving me crazy :) Glad it worked for you too! 

@MichalTajchertDXC That folder doesn't exist on my mac. Can't delete it.

Ah, thanks. That worked for me too!

Hello! I've been facing similar issue. Microsoft Teams experienced bug in splash screen. I can't even access to its sign in page. It keeps being blank.

I have tried to give Full Disk Access for Microsoft Teams, I also did countless re-install. I have tried to delete ~/Libary/Application/com.microsoft.teams.support/Cache and etc. But it still doesn't work.

I am a Macbook User, OS Catalina v10.15.5

How do I resolve the problem? Please kindly help me.

This silly thing worked for me: the app was open and I right clicked on the icon in my finder dock. I clicked sign out. I then closed the app and restarted. After logging back in, the whole app refreshed and it seems to be back and working.

@damaguk youve solved it. Uninstalled and reinstalled so many times and nothing. thank you!

@Bezani sooo frustrating when it was down, eh. glad it worked mate!

Uninstalling with appcleaner , reinstalling and logout/login fixed that problem for me. Thanks @damaguk
Hey, I have the exact same issue and I tried EVERYTHING mentioned incl the log out but the app does not respond. HELP!

@MojtabaBabaei I had the same problem and this solution worked for me:

• System Preferences>Security & Privacy
  • Click on the Privacy Tab
  • On the left scroll bar find and click on Accessibility
  • You will need to click on the padlock and enter your admin credentials
  • Make sure Microsoft Teams is there and checked
  • IF MICROSOFT TEAMS is not in there, Add it by clicking on the + button, navigate to your Applications folder (go all the way back and you will see your Applications folder, then Select Microsoft Teams). 
  • It should now be added to the list and should be Checked. 
  • Close the System Preferences window.
  • Restart Microsoft Teams

@milhaus YES, thank you! This solved my issue after many months of countless reinstalls. The "sign out"-trick didn't work for me.

@milhaus LIFE SAVER! I was having issues the past 2 days. I tried quitting, force quitting, and restarting still didn't help. I tried logging out and even that didn't work and the method you've mentioned worked.

I have tried absolutely everything suggested in this post but nothing has worked. Hope someone comes up with more solution as this is quite frustrating. 

@MojtabaBabaei 

Same situation here, tried everything but cannot get it to work. Microsoft Teams stopped working after an upgrade and since that not working.

I also have the same problem. I have tried all the above mentioned "fixes" however nothing works. @Salman999 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MojtabaBabaei Hi - I had exactly the same issue. was driving me NUTS. Mine was working perfectly - and then just stopped. It coincided with a Microsoft update - so coincidence? I tried everything from a new MAC OS update, deleting and reinstalling teams; deleting my library files. 

This silly thing worked or me: the app was open and I right clicked on the icon in my finder dock. I clicked sign out. I then closed the app and restarted. After logging back in, the whole app refreshed and it seems to be back and working. 

View solution in original post