SOLVED

Link with number and conference id

Copper Contributor

How do i automatically generate a link in the invite from a teams meeting with the phone number and conference id. 

This is someting that was in Skype for business, but i cant find it in teams. I would like to modify the invite. 

When you click the link in skype it directly calls the number and fills in the conference code. You can see what i mean in the picture below. 

Any tips are welcome!

Ruben1015_0-1583412358619.jpeg

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Ruben1015 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @Ruben1015

1.) Have an audio conferencing licence on a user
2.) Have the Teams add-in for Outlook (AFAIK it's automatically added now)
3.) Create a Teams meeting in Outlook

Pretty much exactly the same as the screenshot above. If you mean does it have the meeting ID and number in the hyperlink when you hover over the 'Join Teams Meeting' hyperlink then Teams doesnt have this currently

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thanks for you're answer!

Having the number and conference id in a agenda item is no problem. But when people want to join with (for example) their phone, they have to type in the conference code, instead of clicking one link an joining directly. 

The difference with skype and teams is that skype has one sort of hyperlink with the number and code, and teams has the code seperate from the number. I was hoping that it could be modified... 

To bad that teams does not have this option, but thank you for helping!

Ruben1015_0-1583417006549.png

There is a uservoice for it here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37630210-teams-dial-in-number-...

Would recommend voting to push it up the agenda. Voting also means you'll be notified if it gets picked up

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ruben1015 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi @Ruben1015

1.) Have an audio conferencing licence on a user
2.) Have the Teams add-in for Outlook (AFAIK it's automatically added now)
3.) Create a Teams meeting in Outlook

Pretty much exactly the same as the screenshot above. If you mean does it have the meeting ID and number in the hyperlink when you hover over the 'Join Teams Meeting' hyperlink then Teams doesnt have this currently

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post