SOLVED

Folders and files not in alphabetical order.

Brass Contributor

Hi!

Is there a way to have my folders and files respect the alphabetical order? It seems like the folders don't like to hang with the files, and this discrimination makes it hard to consult for my students.

Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.42.23 AM.png

Thank you!

7 Replies

This is the default sort view, by modified date, but you can easily overwrite it by clicking the Name column. The problem is making it stick... which is a known issue/common complaint, and no proper solution still.

@Vasil Michev Unfortunately, the files and folders still don't like to hang out together by doing what you suggest. Here is an example:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.05.21 AM.png

Can someone please tell me how to mix the folders and files together, please? Having them separated confuses my students! Thanks!

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Think I might have misunderstood the question here, there's no way to "mix" them, folders will stay on top.

Thank you! (BUT WHY?!?!?)

Its inherited from Windows, not even Windows can sort the way you want, try coming from a Mac OS that does both ways as a choice and you will feel the pain of every mac user using Teams files (but we love teams), we just sync the folders and sort how we want and live with the inflexibility on mobile apps @Chris_Calli 

@Grant Taylor I'm a mac user and these issues frustrate me so much. I too want it alphabetical and i want it to ignore by file type and prioritize by name. Microsoft just makes me sad.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Think I might have misunderstood the question here, there's no way to "mix" them, folders will stay on top.

View solution in original post