SOLVED

Stream Classic Migration Tool - destination folder "Stream Migrated Videos"

MVP

Is there any way to have the videos moved to a folder not named Stream Migrated Videos?

I'd like to have these videos deposited into a specific folder, along with other content related to a program or event. I certainly don't want these videos to live for years and years in this "migrated videos" folder.

I know I can move the files "up" a level to the actual destination that I want, but I'm concerned about that since I assume that moving them even up one folder would cause the URL redirects from Stream (Classic) to break.

Please advise...

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Kevin Crossman : We don't have the functionality available right now. It is in our backlog. We are constantly prioritizing bugs and new features request, so can't commit if and when it will be above the cut-line.

When and if it comes, you will able to change the folder's name and move it anywhere in the same site without breaking the redirection links.   

Do you know if this is still in the backlog for Microsoft and going to be fixed? We need to move files out of the folders the Migration Tool automatically creates as part of our post migration clean up, but if redirects will break then we can't. A timeframe for when we can move videos and redirects continue to work would be much appreciated.

You can create the folder :
Once Select Edit Destination, you have options OneDrive or SharePoint
Once Selected OneDrive it will ask to put the user mail and then you can see Create Folder and then save path.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Kevin Crossman : We don't have the functionality available right now. It is in our backlog. We are constantly prioritizing bugs and new features request, so can't commit if and when it will be above the cut-line.

When and if it comes, you will able to change the folder's name and move it anywhere in the same site without breaking the redirection links.   

View solution in original post