I lost data on my OneDrive

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am migrating from one tenant to another, in this case, OneDrive.

I have 3 accounts that each had 3 different domains. The issue is that I needed to remove the @domain1, as this would be used in the NEW TENANT.
When I removed the @domain1 from the user 'email address removed for privacy reasons' and left it under the domain @rootdomain.onmicrosoft.com, the request was rejected, since the user 'email address removed for privacy reasons' had the domain '@rootdomain.onmicrosoft.com' and was also synchronizing with Azure AD Connect.
So, what did I do, the user 'email address removed for privacy reasons', in order to release the @domain1.com, create it as 'email address removed for privacy reasons'.

And here comes the interesting part, after having done that, I went back to the migration process to take the user's OneDrive, now called 'email address removed for privacy reasons', I realized that OneDrive WAS EMPTY.

I was super worried, because one day ago I had information and now I had nothing, it was as if it was a new account.

In my years doing migrations, this is the first time this happens to me and I really need to know what to do in this situation, how do I recover that information?

I really hope you can help me. Thank you.

Note: I hope I have been as clear as possible.

For example

User1:
email address removed for privacy reasons ->The domain I wish to release

email address removed for privacy reasons  -> * 

email address removed for privacy reasons

*email address removed for privacy reasons  He has domain @rootdomain.onmicrosoft.com and syncs with Azure AD Connect

User2:

3 Replies

@CrisLand 

Not sure if this can help for restore your OneDrive:

Restore your OneDrive - Microsoft Support

Hello and thank you for your reply @Kidd_Ip

Do you know if it is possible to recover and assign to another account to be able to see the content?
yes you can