Small group shared calendar does not update

Steel Contributor

Hello, I just migrated a client to 365 from exchange on prem, were trying out office 365 groups for the first time and having a TERRIBLE experience with the shared calendar. This is a small law firm that handles all of their bookings through the shared law firms calendar, and within 2 days they had 5 meetings double booked due to the shared calendar not updating in peoples outlook desktop. 

The group was set up and the calendar added under everyones outlook calendar tab. half of the users could not book the calendar even though they had owner rights in the group. We had to rebuild their outlook profiles to get the shared calendar to work. Now, even though they can add appointments directly to the calendar from desktop outlook, the other users have to leave their calendar, click on the group in outlook and open the calendar from there, and as soon as they do the group calendar updates in the calendars tab. 

one suggetion I found online was to disable downloading of shared folders in outlook account. I did this last night and they are going to test today... 

If this does not work we will be ditching groups and just creating a sharepoint calendar for their team to use. 

20 Replies
Hallo,

wir haben auch das Problem mit den Gruppenkalendern.Gibt es mittlerweile einen Fix?
Profile haben wir schon neu gemacht, Berechtigungen wurde auch neu eingetragen.
Danke

Gruß
Christian