Outlook Monarch: Allow adding shared mailbox folders to Favorites

Outlook Monarch: Allow adding shared mailbox folders to Favorites

Upvotes

Upvote

Jul 24 2023
41 Comments (41 New)
New

In the classic Outlook I can add Inbox folders of shared mailboxes to Favorites, easily detecting and accessing new emails sent to any of mailboxes I manage.

In the new Monarch Outlook, this is no longer possible as only my personal folders can be added to Favorites.

Comments
Copper Contributor

Please make is possible to add shared mailboxes to Favorites in the New Outlook. This missing feature is reason for our company to not use the New Outlook and reverse back to the classic Outlook.

Copper Contributor

This is the reason our organisation hasn't switched across to the new Outlook as well. Monitoring multiple mailboxes is a key job for many users, so having these pinned at the top is essential.

Copper Contributor

Still a HUGE problem.  This needs to be resolved.

Copper Contributor

This is a significant oversight from Microsoft. This feature was instrumental in efficiently managing and accessing new emails across multiple mailboxes.

With the new Outlook, this crucial functionality has been omitted. Now, only personal folders can be added to Favourites, which significantly hampers our ability to monitor and manage shared mailboxes effectively. This change has adversely impacted our workflow, especially in environments where quick access to shared mailbox folders is essential.

I urge the Outlook development team to consider reinstating this feature in the new Outlook. The ability to add shared mailbox folders to Favourites is not just a convenience; it is a necessity for many of us managing multiple mailboxes in a professional setting.

Thank you for considering this request. We appreciate your efforts in continuously improving Outlook and hope to see this valuable feature return.

Copper Contributor

Fancy new UI.  Snappy response.  Completely useless without basic shared mailbox functionality.  How did this make it through testing?  

Copper Contributor

"Testing?  Testing?  We don't need no stinkin' testing."   :D

Usability is apparently NOT job 1.

Copper Contributor

company uses many shared mailboxes.  Buried this deep is not an option

Copper Contributor

+1 on shared mailboxes.  

Copper Contributor

This would cause huge issues for us if this feature is not added. So many emails would be missed because you have to scroll down and expand multiple folders to see the count of unread emails. Will be finding a new email client if Microsoft forces this new version out for general release

Copper Contributor

This is awful - a critical feature for many that complicates the everyday efficiency that's been established. Bring the ability to add Shared Mailbox folders to Favorites asap.

Copper Contributor

This is a dealbreaker. Cannot switch until implemented.

Brass Contributor

Adding to the chorus. Not switching to the new Outlook without the ability to add shared mailbox folders to favorites. It is an essential feature.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

As one of the IT team here and the reason why the company switched to 365 from our old office owned copies and then moved mail into 365 exchange not having shared accounts that can be linked to favourites just will not work I have members that use the shared accounts more than there own. 

This needs to be urgently addressed and was the reason I stopped testing before but now running to understand other issues as i have one member liking it and the rest not wanting to change.

Also why left click for spelling when every other office uses right click??

Brass Contributor

As a MSP this is the number one reason people ask us to block the new outlook experience, which is a shame, because there are some great features (including CoPilot) in there.

You need to add any folder in a shared mailbox to the pinned favorites.  Its a dealbreaker otherwise!

Copper Contributor

I am not switching to the New Outlook while this isn't resolved. Please add this function ASAP

Copper Contributor

same issue as all of the previous posts -please fix so we can switch.

Copper Contributor

We definitely need this - our team must monitor a shared mailbox for our customers and having to scroll for it every time is not desirable. Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Major oversight.  Makes new outlook unusable for many users.  Please address.

Brass Contributor

Another site today blocked from this update.  This oversight is ridiculous.

Copper Contributor

Maybe Microsoft just doesn't want us to be customers anymore.  They obviously don't care what we think.  :facepalm:

Copper Contributor

Any roadmap on this feature?

Copper Contributor

The whole company is still waiting on this missing but very important improvement.

Copper Contributor

This is completely insane. An essential feature that will also be keeping my company from pursuing rollout. 

Copper Contributor

Hahaha! What can you say. Usability is clearly NOT a priority! They just don't care or they are just too stupid and probably get upset that we, the users, are actually more clever and figure out things these geniuses didn't even think of.

And that is why they just ignore to fix stuff for a long time. And yes, I actually believe this is the case. I mean what else could it be? To miss that we want to add shared folders to our favourites is just too stupid to miss!

Copper Contributor

Shared mailboxes are widely used, this feature is needed back for the "new" outlook.

Copper Contributor

Shared mailboxes are widely used.  So are fully licensed mailboxes which are accessed by multiple people.  This a ridiculous error by Microsoft.  It can't just be an oversight.  

Copper Contributor

Going back to old outlook till this feature is available.

Copper Contributor

Needs to be resolved ASAP, planning on rolling out the new Outlook when the new planner arrives to the team and this is an issue!

Copper Contributor

Just tried new outlok again., just to be confirmed this is still missing. Rolling back i guess :(