Defender for Business & Defender for Endpoint for MSFT Teams Rooms devices?

Copper Contributor

Hello, can you please offer some guidance on the possibility of using Defender for Business & Defender for Endpoint for MSFT Teams Rooms devices? I know you can manage Teams Rooms devices within Endpoint Manager so I am curious if you can also enroll these devices into the Defender for Business service as well?(or Endpoint P1/P2?)

2 Replies
Hello,

Thanks for bringing this question to our attention! We recommend Defender AV on devices with Microsoft Team Room Standard and Premium, which is on by default. Most Teams Room MTR systems run Windows IoT and we have Microsoft Defender for IoT available. You can check out the details for that here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/iot-defender. For SMB scenarios with Microsoft 365 Business Premium and Microsoft Defender for Business (MDB), the device will onboard to Microsoft Defender for Business if you add it to Azure Active Directory; however, I don't have licensing guidance for this scenario yet. I have requested clarification and will respond to this thread once I have it.
Thank you for the quick response @David B. We look forward to future updates around securing Teams Devices with Defender for Business and Defender for Endpoint