Monitoring and o365

Bronze Contributor

Hi there,

Simple question: when you have deployed the O365 to your organizations, what kind monitoring - if any - you have used? How to get alerts if O365 services (one to many) are not available in middle of night?

3 Replies

If you are simply after "issue" notification use the Office 365 Admin app with push notifications 

https://products.office.com/en-GB/business/manage-office-365-admin-app

Actually, I'm looking for the real monitoring / alerting tools. Like if in middle of night connections stop working, it would be better to have wakeup call during the night instead of coming to work in morning and found the mess.

I know there are some tools, SCOM have options to monitor it, but more like I was wishing to hear what others has been used and how happy they are for them. Kind of open discussion :D
But this group seems to be extremely silence when comparing the "views" and number of members, so let see.

It depends what particular service you want to monitor. Assuming you have an AD FS deployment, it is essential to monitor those as this is a single point of failure for your users to log in to Office 365 application. Also you can use Azure AD Connect Health to monitor your on-premises AAD Connect and AD FS environment with services in Azure and Office 365. If you want to monitor your Azure and Office 365 subscription within your region, you can use third-party tools (often they are also monitoring your on-premises stuff related to Office 365).