Remote Desktop on Mac fails with error code 0x10b

Remote Desktop on Mac fails with error code 0x10b

Upvotes

Upvote

Nov 16 2022
4 Comments (4 New)
New

I've used Remote Desktop on Mac regularly to connect to a domain-joined Win11 machine in my house. Just recently, it's stopped working. This happened on two macs, and it had the same suspicious start.

I tried to connect normally. Then, in the middle of setting up the connection, I killed the connection for some reason. Then, when attempting to connect again, RD always produces one of two errors:

1. It sits on the 'configuring remote PC' dialog for a while, then eventually fails with error code 0x204.

2. It actually succeeds in connecting, but it opens up a black screen. The desktop never loads, and the connection eventually fails with error code 0x10b.

Notably, I only see this issue with the one domain-joined Win11 machine. A separate Win10 machine I have doesn't exhibit this behavior.

Comments
Copper Contributor

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Did you ever figure this out? Domain joined Win 11... connecting from a Mac via MS Remote Desktop client. Also, I feel like after a restart, it connects just fine the first time around - the second time, it fails to connect with 0x10b with the exact symptoms you're describing...

Copper Contributor

@IonCaza Did you ever figure your situation out? I am currently facing the exact same issue. Only notable difference is slow connection speed from the Mac user. 

Copper Contributor

I'm having this same problem as well.  

MacOS = Ventura 13.2

Microsoft Remote Desktop = 10.8.1 (2048)

I'm trying to connect to a Windows Server 2022 that's setup as a Domain Controller

I'd love some guidance as to the problem.

Copper Contributor

Same issue here. Same behaviour, after reboot 1st time connection works, any subsequent attempt to connect fails with the "Error code: 0x10b"