mouse position shifted in macOS Microsoft Remote Desktop

mouse position shifted in macOS Microsoft Remote Desktop

Upvotes

Upvote

Jul 08 2023
0 Comments 
New

Running Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.8.4 on a mac (macOS Ventura 13.4.1), connecting to a Windows 10 Enterprise computer (version 22H2, 19045.3086) the mouse position is accurate immediately after establishing a connection, but over time the position will shift, meaning that the x,y location at which the mouse cursor is drawn is not the x,y location at which the action is taken in the remote desktop.

What do I mean by "shifted position"? If this is text in the remote desktop

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

then immediately after establishing a remote desktop session, if the mouse is hovering over the number 8 and the mouse is clicked, the text cursor is placed at the number 8. But after some time, when the mouse is hovring over the number 8 and clicked, the text cursor is placed at the number 1. The problem is not limited to text - the mouse position in the remote Windows system is different than where the mouse cursor is drawn in macOS which affects everything the mouse does.

This could be related to resizing the remote desktop window on macOS (the remote desktop window always starts as a fullscreen window, but I never want it to be fullscreen). It could be related to moving the remote desktop windows between macOS displays.

Note: this forum topic is for Azure Virtual Desktop feedback, and my post here is about the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. However, this is where the Microsofr Remote Desktop app sent me to leave feedback.