(macOS Sonoma) Remote Desktop opening in the background, and its window gets shorter

(macOS Sonoma) Remote Desktop opening in the background, and its window gets shorter

Upvotes

Upvote

Oct 23 2023
0 Comments 
New

macOS Sonoma 14.0

Mac Mini M2 Pro

Since updating from Ventura to Sonoma when I open Microsoft Remote Desktop it often opens in the background. The application icon appears and its window opens but it doesn't have focus. I haven't noticed any other applications doing this since updating including other Microsoft applications.

Expected behaviour is that any application I open appears in the foreground and has focus with its menus appearing in the menu bar.

There's not really a pattern, it will work correctly or incorrectly 1-3 times in a row.

At the same time the height of the window gets 18px shorter each time. It eventually becomes shorter than it will let me resize it to when dragging an edge/corner.

I've completely removed and reset the application (every associated file deleted), tried various older and beta versions (back to 10.7.9 (2011)) with the same results.