MacOs Sonoma Microphone issues

MacOs Sonoma Microphone issues

Upvotes

Upvote

Sep 28 2023
7 Comments (7 New)
New

It seems that the Microphone when being used to remote into windows pc from MacOS Sonoma drops. 

Either in google meets, Teams meetings or using windows voice recorder when using the microphone from built in Mac Mic or USB microphones and remote into a a windows environment the microphone drops off. Giving an error that there is no mic  if you close the application and relaunch  the mic will be enabled but only for a short time then the Mic will drop again.

Tested on M1 Mac mini and M1 MacBook Pro both running the Latest MacOS Sonoma and using Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.9.2 (2147) .

tested by doing a Voice recording using Voice recorder and leaving on for 30 seconds , 45 seconds, 60 seconds up to  2 mins  unable to determine the time interval it took but within these test the issue  is reproduced.  

Any one with any suggestions on how to resolve this ? 

Comments
Copper Contributor

@given150 After a lot of searching and testing, the solution for me was to increase the input volume.

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue but increasing the input volume did not solved it 

Copper Contributor

Same problem for 2 weeks.
MAC OS Sonoma 14.0 and Microsoft remote desktop 10.9.4 to Windows 11

Copper Contributor

In teams, my audio is either extremely distorted or just cuts out altogether since the Sonoma update. 

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue and sadly I'm bound to use MS Teams via the Remote Desktop.

I'm certain that the microphone works as I just tried a Teams call while taking a speech memo(in MacOS) and the memo continued while MS Teams says that my microphone isn't working anymore.

I'm on MacOS Sonoma 14.0 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.9.4 (2161)

What a shame that such a critical issue isn't dealt with within 6 Weeks and counting. Anything else we can do?

Copper Contributor

FYI - there is an older "Idea" for this issue with more votes in case you didn't see it:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-virtual-desktop-feedback/microsoft-rdp-with-macos-sonom...

In case there are any admins around maybe these could be merged.

Microsoft

Original thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-virtual-desktop-feedback/microsoft-rdp-with-macos-sonom...

For those of you that are comfortable with beta software, you need to do the following if you want to test this fix:

• Download Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta for Mac version 10.9.5 here: https://aka.ms/rdmacbeta
  • Unzip the downloaded file and copy to your applications folder (yes, it runs separately from the GA version of Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac).
  • Run the beta version and recreate the RDP PC and/or Workspace profiles you have in the GA version.
  • Connect, test, and post your results in this thread.

If you are not interested in beta software, you will have to wait until 10.9.5 is released as GA.