Audio redirection problem

Audio redirection problem

Upvotes

Upvote

Sep 27 2023
8 Comments (8 New)
New

In the MACOS Sonoma system, there will be an audio redirection problem when using Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta(ersion 10.9.3 (2158)) or the official version(Version 10.9.2 (2147)). The microphone in Windows is unstable, especially when having a meeting in Teams, and turning on auxiliary subtitles, my Teams cannot be recognized. My name is displayed as "Speaker 1" instead. Secondly, the microphone will appear that the microphone device is not working after a few minutes of speaking, making it impossible for participants to hear my voice.

Comments
Copper Contributor

same problem here. At the moment teams is not usable with macOS Sonoma over Microsoft RemoteDesktop (stable and beta).

Brass Contributor

Regardless of the official version or the beta version, I hope there will be a new version to solve the audio redirection problem.

Microsoft

Original thread: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-virtual-desktop-feedback/microsoft-rdp-with-macos-sonom...

For those of you that are comfortable with beta software, you need to do the following if you want to test this fix:

• Download Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta for Mac version 10.9.5 here: https://aka.ms/rdmacbeta
  • Unzip the downloaded file and copy to your applications folder (yes, it runs separately from the GA version of Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac).
  • Run the beta version and recreate the RDP PC and/or Workspace profiles you have in the GA version.
  • Connect, test, and post your results in this thread.

If you are not interested in beta software, you will have to wait until 10.9.5 is released as GA.

Brass Contributor

After a long wait, I finally saw your reply and brought a new version to solve the problem. I will test it carefully before giving feedback.Thank you so much

Copper Contributor

Great, I just installed the beta version an had my first 45 Min talk without any problems... i will do more testing in the next days.

Brass Contributor

I've also tested it, and I haven't found any problems for the time being. It's great.

Brass Contributor

Version 10.9.5 (2174) Occasionally, the microphone does not work.

Brass Contributor

In this version, there will be a situation where the mouse clicks on the application icon in Windows, and the macos mouse is occupied by the Windows system and cannot click on any other application.