Cloud App Security - How can I turn it off?

Copper Contributor

Good Day,

How can I turn off the cloud app security app?

I turned it on by accident, and now I cannot turn it off.

4 Replies

You have to be more specific here. There is no global "turn on CAS" switch, perhaps you mean the audit log collection feature that you activate via the Office 365 Security and Compliance portal? I'm not aware of any built-in functionality to reverse this, as CAS and O365 are tightly bundled and the relevant operations in the "Connected apps" section are disabled.

I suspect removing the CAS service principal object should do the trick, but you can contact support just in case.

Hi,

Under the Admin Center > Security and Compliance > Productivity App Discovery, it gives you an option to turn it on.  Once turned on - it adds SKU's to E5 licenses, but there is no option to be able to turn it off again.

I want to turn it off as the client gets charged per user for the Productivity App Discovery

That option does not add any SKU, you actually need to have the SKU purchased already in order to be able to use the option. But as I mentioned above, I'm not aware of any method to turn it off once it's enabled. Best contact support and see whether they can do something on the backend.

Hi Vasil,

Thank you - I think I have managed to figure it out - It wont get charged additionally as it states in some articles due to the fact that it just get added to the existing E5 license and not get added as an additional License

Thanks